Fostering

I'm not only a Community Manager I have fostered dogs for the past 14 years! Many people ask me: How do you do it? Is it hard to give up the dog? Its not always easy but when you see the end result and you helped a dog get their forever home its so rewarding. Some dogs are saved from bad situations, some are just dropped off at a rescue because they are unwanted. There are many homes out there who want to help and don't know how or what is involved. Every breed has a rescue and many shelters offer a foster program. Its up to you to care for the dog, feed them, walk them, etc. Most rescues and shelters take care of finding a home and the transport to the new home and all the paperwork involved. However, you can be a part of all that if you wish. Some dogs find homes within a couple weeks, some take a bit longer. You can work with the rescue or shelter to get a foster that will fit your lifestyle and figure out what level of rehabilitation you can handle. When you see the dog you saved go to their new home and meet their new family you can't help but feel great that you helped save a life! Then on to the next one! If you have any questions please reach out to me I'd love to help if you are interested in fostering.