PIT BULL INCIDENT INVOLVED IN UKC EVENT

• Gold Top Dog

PIT BULL INCIDENT INVOLVED IN UKC EVENT

APNEWS: BERRYVILLE , VA APRIL 5 2007
    From the World Wide Web
    Stanly Police were called today to the Clarke County Fairgrounds to investigate an incident involving a Pit Bull Terrier dog and a 9 year old child. According to witnesses, the child was walking near the show rings unsupervised when she suddenly came face to face with the 70 lb Pit Bull Terrier dog. The child threw her arms around the dog's neck, reports say, when the unthinkable happened........
    The dog began enthusiastically licking the girl's face as his tail wagged briskly.
    "It was awful”, said one bystander, "there was nothing we could do. That dog was just giving that child every ounce of love he had and no one did a thing to stop it”.
    Another witness, who took video of the event, said "This happens all the time, I don't know how it hasn't made the news before now”. One spectator, who declined to be named in this interview, told reporters, "The sounds were just heartwrenching, all that laughing and giggling. It made me smile so hard my face hurts. I plan to sue for pain and suffering”. The handler of the dog admits this is not the first time such an incident has occurred, and that the owners were "well aware of the stable, loving and patient temperament of this dog”. The owners were unavailable for comment.
    Police state that the handler, who was noticeably unrepentant, was cited for Reckless Entertainment. The dog was given roasted chicken treats and was not taken into custody.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Funny post....It's been posted before, I think.  The Berryville show though, is AKC, not UKC.  (I usually show there[:D])
    • Gold Top Dog
    Sadly this story, is actually being twisted BACK into an "attack rumor" last I heard...so best to be careful when forwarding it! Now it's people "hearing about a child being attacked by a (insert breed here) at a show and it was in the papers!"

Sad huh?
    • Gold Top Dog
    The last time I saw this it was a an Am Staff at a AKC event.  It must be spreading.

• Gold Top Dog
    Oh it was posted as AKC. But I changed it to UKC to seem more realistic, since pit bulls are shown in UKC events and not AKC. Never knew that was an actual AKC show, sorry!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Someone on an Akita list I am on originally wrote this story, about an Akita....it was in response to a well publicized incident at a show concerning said breed and the resultant firestorm of negativity and silliness directed at the owner, breeder, victim, EVERYONE around the incident.

It was a much needed story on our list at the time...and it has spread A LOT since she gave permission to crosspost lol! But like stories and rumors do....it's changing and not necessarily for the better now at real shows.
    • Puppy

I saw something similar at this event too. In general, I would like to see more positive events. It's great.

• Bronze

The main thing is that there are no unpleasant incidents. And I would like to see more positive developments in this vein. But lately, I've got new interests and I've been attracted to art events https://different-level.com/ art events   дуфолов For me, it was a new experience and I liked it. Thanks to this, new people and interests appeared in my social circle.