Quick! Can I watch The Shining...alone?

• Gold Top Dog

Quick! Can I watch The Shining...alone?

Its on right now, and I've always wanted to watch it.  The problem is that I am not so good with horror movies or books.  I can't read Steven King novels at night when I'm home alone.  I can only watch horror movies that I've seen before or the cheesey old ones.  There are still some that I can't watch though, like The Birds...Alfred Hitchcock.  I can actually laugh at the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the Scream movies.  So judging on that, can I watch this?  Tyler won't be home until an hour and a half after its over....at least.

• Gold Top Dog

I could not !!  I had to call some one to come sit with me when I saw it , of course it was very windy the trees were scraping the tin roof of my beach cottage and I was about 6 months pregnate!!

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

I...would not. The lady in the bathtub, alone, will keep you awake for weeks.

• Gold Top Dog

LMAO!  I've already chickened out.  I hit the Guide when the lady in the bathtub showed up, so she was teeny tiny, and she still freaked me out.  The drooling kid didn't help either.  I must have looked like a fool sitting there!  Very intently studying my Reese Peanut Butter Cup, glancing furtively at the TV every few seconds....Sheesh that music!  I'll rent it one night when somebody is here to watch it with me...Tyler's no good anyway, he'd be asleep 3 minutes in.  Seems like it may be time for my girls and I to get together for a girls movie night.

• Gold Top Dog

It's a very creepy and perhaps one of the only good adaptations of SK's work out there. He hated it tho...he said it was fundamentally different from the book which is it is...kinda...but it's still good, IMO.

Definitely do watch it...but with a friend LOL.

• Gold Top Dog

Yes.  Creepy - but I've always loved creepy books and movies. The Shining and Pet Semetary are two of my faves - both the books and the movies. I'm almost ashamed to tell anyone how much I love that new TV series on HBO - True Blood.  Vampires!  Another favorite of mine.

Joyce

• Gold Top Dog

Too funny - I was flipping early early this morning and the Shining was on, but it was at the bathtub part so I quickly turned it off, knowing what was coming!  Excellent movie though!!

• Gold Top Dog

what IS is about bathroom's that scares people so much? You ever notice that? It seems to have started with Psycho...then moved on from there...Nightmare on Elm Street...the knived hand between her legs in the tub....What Lies Beneath...again the tub....The Shining's Tub Lady...SO many!

I guess maybe it's just that as humans we feel most vulnerable and exposed and yet...pretty secure in our own bathrooms...don't we? Devil

• Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles

what IS is about bathroom's that scares people so much? You ever notice that? It seems to have started with Psycho...then moved on from there...Nightmare on Elm Street...the knived hand between her legs in the tub....What Lies Beneath...again the tub....The Shining's Tub Lady...SO many!

I guess maybe it's just that as humans we feel most vulnerable and exposed and yet...pretty secure in our own bathrooms...don't we? Devil

'Cuz we're neckid and it's hard to defend yourself when you're wet and neckid!  Big Smile   It's always when my kids (and former spouse) would pop the lock and pour cold water over the shower bar!  

• Gold Top Dog

Plus typically, you're alone in the bathroom.  Even when the house is full.

• Gold Top Dog

huskymom
    you're alone in the bathroom

This sounds like a movie title...."Saw 17: Alone, In The Bathroom"...dun dun DUUUUN!

• Gold Top Dog

LMBO Gina, I think I peed a little....

• Gold Top Dog

I've heard that some like the new version with Steven Weber, including SK, himself. He now says he doesn't like the original movie with Jack Nicholson but I'm an old fart. I still like the old one.

• Gold Top Dog

Jack Nicholson is a master as far as creepy roles goes.  He just plays a really good freak...kind of like Johnny Depp, only scarier....

• Gold Top Dog

huskymom

Jack Nicholson is a master as far as creepy roles goes.  He just plays a really good freak...kind of like Johnny Depp, only scarier....

Oh yeah, Jack is scary.  Funny I was scanning TV and saw the shinning and ripped right past it!!  No way!!  Don't like horror - me gets to scared.