Suggestions for a temporary walking boot?

• Gold Top Dog

Suggestions for a temporary walking boot?

Barney's got the thinnest most delicate pads I've ever seen on a dog his size.  I've never been able to toughen them up.  He insists on walking on the sidewalk, never the grass, and now has a hole worn through one pad (in the back).[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/cat0barnes/BarneytoesMedium.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone have a suggestion for a simple temporary boot (pair) that I can use just for walking him on the sidewalk until this heals?  He doesn't need anything in the yard.  I've used muttluks in the past and had a terrible time with them.

eta: wow! sorry for the giant toe!  i didn't think it was going to be that big

• Gold Top Dog

Apollo's done that before. I use my own socks to make a bootie. I double up on my winter socks, then medical tape the top so it stays on.

Get better soon, Barney! (Love the name! My parents cocker is named that too)

• Gold Top Dog

Ooowiee, that looks painful!  When Woobie tore a nail I had to make a bootie for him.  I used tshirt rags from the hardware store and duct tape.  I wrapped the tshirt around his paw and then taped strips of duct tape around the paw.  Then I slid scissors inside the bootie and cut it down the front so I could slide it on and off and then put a piece of tape on to hold it closed.  It worked well and lasted a couple days at a time.  Plus, it was nice and cheap.  Hope this helps, I always meant to take pictures during the 2 months it was healing, but kept forgetting. 

• Gold Top Dog

I have heard great things about this product:

http://www.pawzdogboots.com/about.html

• Gold Top Dog

Oh yeah, I forgot about those!  Paw Condoms! Sorry, Couldn't resist! 

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for the ideas.  I'd never heard of Pawz.  I'll try to get some tomorrow morning.  If I can't, I'll be taping shirts and socks together, but I'm not sure I'll be very good at it. 

• Gold Top Dog

Callie makes them with kiddie socks and rubber cement I think.  She swears by them.  Maybe PM her for details.