"Demon Dog" Appears in Wedding Photograph

• Gold Top Dog

Carla it's not nearly as good as the "Alien Attack" picture that was actually a breed of hairless cat caught mid leap LOL! that pic was a bit disturbing...lol!

I agree with whoever said Muppet....it's scary like something a person would think would be scary. I am of the opinion that no one on Earth knows what a demon is actually like appearance wise, because you quite simply would not be able to survive seeing it...

Even the ancient Japanese demons in art are humanlike/humanoid...because they are things of human invention.

If there were an off world being capable of making demons, etc...why in the HECK would they restrict themselves to putting two eyes a nose and fur in all the normal places?

Gimme a break...lol. Most vid game programmers know that truly fear provoking characters HAVE no ID'ing characteristics and that's what's scary.

• Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles
    If there were an off world being capable of making demons, etc...why in the HECK would they restrict themselves to putting two eyes a nose and fur in all the normal places?

Well, it's not necessarily "off-world". The paranormal (if you believe in such a thing) is just outside of the norm, not necessarily outside of this world. (And I believe it's here)

Secondly, if someone were making a "demon" or whatever you want to call it, that would make an impression upon a human being, why wouldn't it be something we could easily recognize and relate to?

And maybe it wasn't meant to be so much "scary" as to have a big impact which (if this guy's story is true), it did.  

Wink 

• Gold Top Dog

most peoples impressions of demons is scaly little monkey like critters with leathery wings and human like features.. like this.

there arent many that know about the legends, myths, stories about black dogs that hunt down lost souls. i just find it interesting because i'm into that sort of thing Big Smile it also doesnt surprise me much that a hunting hound would be considered evil or frightening and used as a parable. you're a doomed animal if you've strayed from the flock (or herd if you are a deer?) and the protection of the shepherd (and yes his dog). You are now fair game to wolves, jackals, or who ever else comes along. You're all alone with no one to protect you.

• Gold Top Dog

Laurel K Hamilton has a ton about The Wild Hunt and the Hellhounds in her new book and on and off thru the Gentry series. Total fiction and considered erotica....but a good read!

• Gold Top Dog

FourIsCompany

Secondly, if someone were making a "demon" or whatever you want to call it, that would make an impression upon a human being, why wouldn't it be something we could easily recognize and relate to?

Exactly why it's likely something someone...as in a person..made up. That's what I mean.

Clive Barker and Mr King both, have some good imagery and theories on what might be the result of seeing things in the corners of the world that human's are not intended to see. The result isn't a life change for the better LOL. That makes a lot more sense but is perhaps less warm n fuzzy.

I don't disbelieve in paranormal things in all cases, in fact I love movies and books about fantasy/horror stuff...but I do believe it's no more than another human invention (like religion) to explain things we used to understand or at least take as common, as lower beasts...but don't anymore, and those we aren't capable of understanding...but feel we have to.

We had to give up something to get these big brains...and imo it wasn't all physical.

• Gold Top Dog

i'll have to check that one out! Gentry series.. sounds like.. historical fiction?  i like stuff like that.

• Gold Top Dog

oh no it's about Faeries that walk among us in our time now. the two courts Light and Darkness...main character is a Princess (Meridith Gentry) with ties to both courts that is also half human. I will caution LOTS of sex...so don't read them if you are prudish about issues concerning sex....not always involving fully human characters LOL.

• Gold Top Dog

I have heard that people tend to take images and try to project it into a image that they understand.  Hence the pope in the pizza, Mary in the cheese sandwich, Jerry Garcia in the moldly cheese (ok I'm making that one up).  But it is our brain that tries to take a image and relate it to a known or perceived known image.

• Gold Top Dog

Hmmm.  I have a seriously withered avocado in the fridge that's beginning to look a lot like Mother Theresa.  I wonder if I can auction it off ......

Joyce

• Gold Top Dog

I hadda onion so long once, it was a dead ringer for Don King...dang! I threw it away....*sobs*

• Gold Top Dog

Ewww!  That is creepy! 

• Gold Top Dog

Janet808

Ewww!  That is creepy! 

Yeah i never much liked Don King's hair either Surprise

and it makes sense to see an odd thing in a picture and try to turn it around into something you recognise .. you can do that with clouds or ..well.. anything really. we have a marble coffee table that has several different things i see in it. however none of those pictures ever made me have cold shivers lol if they did then i would be forced to accidentally break the coffee table Huh?

Also, Gina, those books sound like something i've read before, only by Karen Marie Moning. and no worries about me being a prude....  Embarrassed

• Gold Top Dog

I just did a quick search on the library website.  Can you give me the titles of the Gentry series?  All we have is the Blake ones listed.

• Gold Top Dog

lorib
    ICan you give me the titles of the Gentry series? 

• Seduced by Moonlight
    • A Stroke of Midnight
    • A Caress of Twilight
    • Mistral's Kiss
    • A Kiss of Shadows
    • A Lick of Frost

If you like a good faerie story, also check out "Faerie Tale"  by Raymond E. Feist. It's not because I do not believe in them that I do not enjoy reading about them for recreation. Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

Thalie
     It's not because I do not believe in them that I do not enjoy reading about them for recreation. Big Smile

Indifferent  i think i just heard the sound of a fairy dropping dead! i better go bury it before one of the dogs rolls in it!! Ick!