A warning- watch out for VPI Pet Insurance!!

• Gold Top Dog

A warning- watch out for VPI Pet Insurance!!

Yikes!

I submitted a quote online for pet insurance through VPI on 02/05/07. On 02-06-07 I called the company to cancel the application before it was approved. I was told that the application was cancelled and I would not be charged for the policies.

On 02-07-07 I was charged a total of 175.21 out of my bank account. I requested that a fax be sent to me so that I may submit to my bank that this was an error on their part. I was told that this was not their mistake and I would be sent no such thing. I spoke with a supervisor and they were very very rude, saying that they don't fax things from their office.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

On the other hand, I have had great luck with another company, I was just price shopping and look what happened! Perhaps VPI is just too big? Not sure!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Gee I sure hope you get your money back!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh, geez! Sorry to hear that! I would certainly be contacting the Better Business Bureau if the pet isurance company is not willing to cooperate after their error. Good luck!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Wow, I agree I'd report them. Good luck, I too hope you get your money back!

• Gold Top Dog
    Hope you get your money back and all is well.

I submitted SEVERAL quotes with VPI and never had an issue. I only submitted my cc number once I was actually buying the policy. Recently I insured my puppy so now I have 2 dogs with VPI, they told me I would get a multi dog discount. It took a few days but I did see my credit come through.

I am sure whatever happened is an error, they are a big enough and reputable enough business that I am sure all will be fine. IF you do not get your money back in a reasonable amount of time by all means lodge a complaint.

• Puppy

Thank you for sharing this information.