Remote control toy helicopters

• Gold Top Dog

Remote control toy helicopters

DH wants one for Christmas or his birthday.  Anyone have one of these?  There's lots of vendors that sell them on the web, I don't know really what to look for.  Don't want to spend hundreds...

Thanks...
    • Gold Top Dog
    My DH loves the RC toys too and bought the helicopter last year for our nephew's BD and bought one for himself too.  It's a piece of junk [:@].  It doesn't go very high and the propeller is too flimsy to give it good balance, so it crashes constantly.  It's now in the RC toy boneyard.  I don't think it cost more than $30-$40, so if you spend more, you'll probably get something better.  DH also has RC off-road jeep and it does great and then I bought him an RC boat to play with in the pool and it's awesome [:)]. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog
    Are there any brands that are good vs bad?  Cakana I'd be interested in knowing what kind your DH has!

Oh and how long for battery life?  Do these things come with rechargeable ones? 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Are there any brands that are good vs bad? Cakana I'd be interested in knowing what kind your DH has!

Oh and how long for battery life? Do these things come with rechargeable ones?

I'll check tonight and let you know.  All of them have rechargeable batteries, but come to think of it, I think the helicopter didn't last very long before needing recharging.  The boat and jeep run for a very long time tho.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'll check tonight and let you know. All of them have rechargeable batteries, but come to think of it, I think the helicopter didn't last very long before needing recharging. The boat and jeep run for a very long time tho.

Aren't all the good ones gas powered.  After all the power to weight ratio of a battery isn't that good.

• Gold Top Dog
    Aren't all the good ones gas powered. After all the power to weight ratio of a battery isn't that good.

Perhaps that's the real problem with the one we have. The battery probably isn't powerful enough to give it a good lift and then it dies so fast...well, it just isn't fun [8|].

The boat is the best and I ordered that online and paid about $60 for it.  The jeep is also great fun, especially for the dogs.  DH once put a walkie talkie in the back and then sat inside talking to the dogs and running the jeep. They were beyond astounded [:D]...we really should get a life, huh?
    • Puppy

I was looking for a gift for my nephew this coming weekend and I stumble on this tread, might be old, but this is better than creating a new one. Upon doing some research and checking out some reviews online,this site might be able to help you. Check out www.thingsreports.com/best-rc-helicopter . These should be able to tell you which one to get depending on your needs.

• Puppy

Those helicopters won't cost hundreds now. But FYI, those toys are vulnerable, so, think twice.

• Puppy

Do a good search on google. Find a solution. There are various such shops which providers such helicopters.