Happy April Fools Day

• Gold Top Dog

Happy April Fools Day

Happy April Fools Day!!!  I have spoken with a few "fools" today, lol!Stick out tongue
    Rocky ate well last night and ate more Vienna sausages again this morning. Ron took him in to the hospital, they wanted to keep him for the day and keep some fluids going.  He was so happy to be home last night I am sure they will let him come home again tonight.

@nymareen -Congrats to the  qualifying  1 down and 1 to go.  Fingers crossed. 

I told Ron I wanted to be exempt from April Fools jokes, but he got me anyway.  I am just lucky that way

Have a good day all

• Gold Top Dog
    easter pug.jpg

Hope callie can see this pic reminds me of a pug with fairy dust that we all know and love

• Gold Top Dog

Hi Ginger -- I didn't know Rocky was unwell!!  I can't post on the "monthly thread" because it won't show "page numbers" at the bottom of a thread so all I can see is the very first page of anything.  I'm not deliberately being AWOL -- I just can't **get** there.  Rocky will definitely be on my prayer list!!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Good on Rocky.  

Callie-at the top where it reads

News & Entertainment  » Non-dog Related  » Non-dog Related, click on the second "NON dog related-that takes you to a page where you can access pages.  Beer helps.  Too many clicks to be easy.

Photos of kitchen-some decoration and electrical left, backsplash to complete.  We were looking for light and bright, with visibility from the dining room and able to see outside.  Kitchen and big dining room windows overlook our wildlife garden.  Side window of dining room overlooks about 3 miles of cropland to the river bluff.

t

And just to be dog related:  Jr ran out of toys in the house today, He keeps dropping them in the truck.  Almost had a panic attack (Sky).  We didn't jump up right away to find his toys.

• Gold Top Dog

Poor Sky your humans are not moving fast enough.  

Doug thanks for the super easy explanation on the page #'s, I accidently found it 2 days ago.  Took me a while to remember how I got there.  

• Gold Top Dog

Forgot to mention how awesome the kitchen looks.  

• Gold Top Dog

Doug, the kitchen looks fantastic!  You and your wife must be so happy to have the major work done so you can just enjoy it now.  I love the light colored cabinets.  Definitely makes it look airy and open.  So when will you be hosting an iDog dinner so we can all come check out the finished product?!  :-)

Ginger, you and Ron and Rocky have been in my thoughts for  the past couple days.  I sure hope Rocky is as comfortable as possible.  Very good news that he was interested in eating -- although I can't imagine he'd turn down tasty tidbits like sausages!  Please give him some gentle ear rubs from me, and I hope each hour brings him more strength as he heals from the surgery.  

Kate, I was sorry to see the post in the March thread about your Dad and Mom being hospitalized.  Hopefully your mother is okay now and that your father's diabetes crisis has stabilized.  I'm glad to hear that he's keeping his sense of humor and making the transition to his new home so well.  I love the idea of the notebook.  My MIL is really starting to have trouble remembering things -- like who she talks to or who comes to see her -- even what DH tells her on the phone less than 24 hours earlier can be forgotten.  Remembering meds to take is a problem, too.  I'll tell DH about the notebook idea.  The issue will be if she's willing to use one.  She's very uncooperative with most everything DH tries to do for her nowadays.   Anyway, I'm sending good vibes to both your parents, as well as to you during this stressful time!

Yesterday was my travel day after my NYC visit. I was awake for nearly 24 hours by the time I got to bed last night.  I had about 3 days in CT, so I was only able to see a handful of people there.  A whirlwind trip, but it was such fun.  My good feeling was instantly wiped out when I saw the piles on my desk that accumulated while I was gone.  I will have to work this weekend to try to catch up.  Ugh!

• Gold Top Dog

Oops, forgot to say HI Callie!  I've missed seeing you here -- hopefully you can check in now that Doug gave you the tip about page numbers.

• Gold Top Dog

Tracy, you mean the office fairies didn't come do your work while you were gone?...at least some magic fairy dust or something?  

• Gold Top Dog

Hi all.  Sort of settled and coming out of the move from hades!  Of course I got to spend some quality time in the ER Tuesday night......

Woke up Tuesday morning with a big, sore lump on the top of my wrist.  Clearly nothing was broken since all the fingers worked, I hadn't last and hand strength, etc, but as the day wore on the swelling increased as did the bruising.  When the finger tips got ice cold I figured I'm better get it checked out.  Either a staff or strep infection which got into the old body through the cracked open thumb on that hand.  Same thing happened to Todd on another move......

DS started his new job yesterday.  Felt like I was sending him off to school with his lunch packed, snacks, etc!

Callie, I was able to post that you couldn't post, but the forum is so quiet.......

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

How is your wrist?  I've banged up wrists, had infections and swelling, but never got to the cold finger stage.  We will avoid the litany of what does ail me.  Dr says I am amazingly healthy for someone with so many problems.

Had the kids and grandkids down for an egg hunt and dinner.  Great day.  The weather cooperated and the dog was great with the kids for the most part.  Grandson had Sky performing his sit-down-up-stay routine, a couple of the grand daughters kidnapped Sky and had him locked in a back room so they could play with him.  Tired him out.  After a while, Sky curled up under my feet and slept.  The noise and attention tired him out, but he was gentle with the kids and enjoyed the play time.

Got rain in the forecast for a lot of the coming week, but we are ahead on the lawn work.  Wife has seeds started in the greenhouse, the grapes survived, the fruit trees are trimmed and ready to blossom, two loads of brush dumped from the hedge already, and several buckets of dog fewmets removed from the yard.

Wife is talking about a trip east this summer to visit one of her brothers.  His new house is across a street from a train station.  Trains are a neat way to travel, but you don't have a car when you get there.

• Gold Top Dog

It's doing incredible well, Doug.  Thanks for asking.  I'm almost over the gawd awful fatigue that comes from a combo of infection and massive doses of antibiotics doing battle within the old temple.

We had snow showers on and off all day yesterday.  Had our traditional Easter dinner, and all worked together to get the stuff that needed to go to the attic, up there.  Fair warning to anyone planning a move....never buy wardrobe boxes from Home Depot.  Because this is a much older home, closet space is minimal, so I bought wardrobes not just to move the clothes, but to have a clean spot to keep off season stuff up in the attic.  Today I took 4 of the 6 I'd purchased back for replacements.  You should be able to use those things multiple times, not have them rip the first time.  Took the new ones up to the attic EMPTY and then schleped all the off season stuff up after the fact.  Many more trips that way, but at least the boxes are intact and the clothes are stowed.

And, because everything DID go to the attic, I  can now unpack the final two rooms, and there are only a few boxes in each.  I might actually be able to say I'm done and settled by the end of the day!

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda, I'm sorry to hear about your wrist.  That sounds horribly painful!  You must be struggling to finish unpacking one-handed!  

As Doug said, most of us could probably fill a thread with lists of our ailments -- you reach a certain age, and everyday something on one's body "reminds" you that it's there.  One of our friends often quotes his Dad -- I can't remember it exactly, but it's something like, "If it hurts, you know it's working.  So, I must be working 80% of the time!"

Quiet Easter for us.  My MIL wasn't interested in leaving her room/apartment for lunch.  Her current mode is to stay in her nightgown/robe most days and thumb through catalogues while lying in bed.  She's capable of more engagement than that, but she seems to prefer to isolate herself (not that she was all that socially engaged when she was in good health, but it's worse now).  Anyway, I did lots of laundry, took Ruby on a walk, and most importantly, finished our tax returns.  That's a big To-Do I'm glad to cross off my list!

Keeping Ginger and Ron in my heart today.  :-(

• Gold Top Dog

3rd time retyping this...forum has become so un-friendly to use :(

Glenda your wrist sounds painful!  I'm glad you are almost moved in.  Hopefully you won't have to do it again for awhile, seems like you've had to do it so much over the years I've been here.

Doug the kitchen looks great!

Easter here was good.  We got a late start (seems like that's always the case) so everything ran later and it ended up being a longer day than anticipated, but still good.  We had lunch with Chad's parents.  After that my MIL and I hid eggs for the kids.  That is always fun, but even better this year because Aaron got it.  I made some eggs really hard because Chad and his Dad like to "help the kids" find eggs.

In the evening we went down to see my parents.  For the most part they seem indifferent on if we spend time or not, but I keep trying.  It matters to me, even if not to them.

Apparently blue was the color du'jour, which wasn't even planned.

• Gold Top Dog

Once the antibiotics kicked in and the swelling went down, the wrist stopped hurting, so I'm good.  The antibiotics really are kicking my old, white fanny tho!  Never ever have been fatigued like this.  Getting better, but still......

Off to install a closet shelf so I can unpack the last two boxes in the guest room/sewing room.