Making a inside dog a outside dog

• Puppy

Making a inside dog a outside dog

We have a one year old Boston terrier he will not potty train poops and pees in crate and house it makes my house smell bad and I have too small kids feed up with him I don’t want to get rid of him so I want to move him outside he has a house and is outside all day any way he likes it is his house we will put a fence around him and a trap over him I was wondering if he will be okay outside.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Hi

A Boston Terrier will not be a good outside dog. Dogs are meant to live with you. Is he a rescue? Sometimes it just takes time to get them to go outside espcially if they have not been trained in the past. Consistancy is the best thing, obedience training helps a lot as well. I strongly oppose to a dog being outside, they are pack animals and especially a dog with short hair would not do well outdoors. Reach out to local trainers in your area for help. Please keep me posted.

• Gold Top Dog

Agreed.  NO dog should be kept outside 24/7.  Since you are feed up with him, it would be far kinder to rehome him to someone who can give him the love, attention and consistency he needs.  It IS possible that his little guy has a recurring UTI and should be vetted before you make any decision.