Good dog panties?!

• Gold Top Dog

Good dog panties?!

It looks like we may need to find Z some good undies if she wants to continue to have couch privileges (she has an incontinence issue - see Health), but I have no idea where to find good looking/working ones.  Specifically, they need to be reusable, comfy for the dog, absorbent (i.e. not just for females in heat), and NO ruffles, bows, or pink!  I did a quick search last night and only found ruffly crap or things that looked great but were almost $30 each! Surprise 

I figured you all here might have some good ideas; I'm also considering contacting a cloth diaper (for kids) person about making ones with a tail hole and/or buying small undies and making my own with a maxi pad, though Z is so small waisted I think I may have trouble finding stuff small enough!

• Gold Top Dog

How big is she? I use baby onesies and disposable baby diapers on the poodles. Cutting holes for the tail is not a problem and you can even eyeball it once you are used to where it goes. This is a much cheaper solution than any of the diapers or pants sold for dogs and I have used it on dogs from 4 1/2 pounds to about 13 pounds. (The onesie helps to hold the diaper on and keep it in place.) The diapers these days have a velcro-y kind of sticky on the tabs so if you take the diaper off to let her out or something you can easily put it back on if she has not wet it. If she's in my size range I can give you more specific sizes for her specific size.

• Gold Top Dog
    PM Jennie - she knows the name of a lady who custom makes them. I'm posting from my phone or I'd link for ya :) Anyway, the pairs that the lady made for Tiki were AWESOME, fleece on the inside and regular fabric outside. I used regular human continence pads, the Wally world brand had an extra-long version that fit the best for us. I cut them in half and covered the cut end in paper first aid tape.
    • Gold Top Dog

When Bonnie was a baby I bought hers at PetSmart they have all sizes.  The panties and liners

• Gold Top Dog

http://voloig.com/PANTYCOTTONS.html

She does custom work, and a fantastic job. The panties I have from her are years old, and still wonderful, and the t shirts and fleece jammies are even older. I also use human pads in them. You pretty much have to, unless the dog is leaking so little you barely notice it.

• Gold Top Dog

Bunni, she's 25lbs, so onsies won't work (lol plus she'd likely kill me in my sleep for making her wear such a get up) and I refuse to use disposables (waaaay to much waste and some concerns about chemicals in them).  Thanks for the suggestions tho.

Good to know about the custom person Meg and Jennie - certainly much closer to what I'm looking for than anything I've seen thus far! Smile

• Gold Top Dog

And she says she does corduroy for big dogs. That might be something to try. She sends two pairs for that price, if I remember right, and you will need at least two. If she wets one, and the pad leaks, or she misses the pad, you'll need something for her to wear while the other is washing.

• Gold Top Dog

Erin, I didn't have much luck with any panties for Agnes, but she was so skinny nothing stayed in place.  However, I do want to suggest Pooch Pads, available right here at dog.com, to cover surfaces where she lays in case she misses the pad in the panty or fills it.  They are washable, reusable pee pads, good for 300 or so washes, and they wick away the moisture from the spot where they get peed on.  There are different sizes.  I bought the large ones and they fit perfectly on the old couch Agnes used as a bed.

• Gold Top Dog

jennie_c_d

http://voloig.com/PANTYCOTTONS.html

She does custom work, and a fantastic job. The panties I have from her are years old, and still wonderful, and the t shirts and fleece jammies are even older. I also use human pads in them. You pretty much have to, unless the dog is leaking so little you barely notice it.

I just spent forever on her site looking at all the awesome sight hound clothing and collars. Looks like she has great products at a very fair price!

• Gold Top Dog

Oh! I forgot about the collars. Jewel has two of those, LOL. Love them!

• Puppy
    Celebrate sisterhood in style with Southern Sisters Bridal Shower Lingerie. It's more than just undergarments; it's a symbol of love and unity among sisters. With exquisite designs and luxurious fabrics, it's the perfect way to honor the bride-to-be and create cherished memories of laughter and joy during her special celebration.