What do you love about your breed's appearance?

• Gold Top Dog

My attraction to Beagles is the sturdiness & athleticism in the compact body of the well bred ones. The definition of muscle (yes, a good Beagle should be well muscled!), the soft expression, the absolute look of POWER of a hound on a full out chase. I love their one of a kind gait (in the field), where they spring into movement quickly, efficiently, and rather similar to the movement of a hare ... They are rugged dogs, and should have that look of being "rough around the edges" yet still are an elegant, merry breed. There is nothing more stunning Beagle with a correct head! Structure is most important, but I love a well made head. A correctly built Beagle is a work of living art. And the voice. It's not tangible but I won't breed a hound with a poor voice. A deep, bawl mouth resounding though the middle of nowhere ... "Arrrrroooooooo" ... Sends shivers down my spine and probably one of my favorite aspects of the breed :)

• Silver

my sheepdog, i love that he's huge and extremely hairy!

the dalmatian mix, well the spots of course! :)

popper, I love his freckles

merlin, i love his nubby legs 

• Gold Top Dog

I love their fat little ballet feet or "cat feet". I love the pomeranians with fat little paws <3

Well, I also love their coat, their gait, their attitude & their face.Stick out tongue

I love everything about them!Party!!!

• Gold Top Dog

I love the Dogue de Bordeaux's facial expressions...
    I love how wrinkly they are and how big and cuddly they are...
    I love their strength and gentleness at the same time...

I fell in love with their eyes...how they are born with blue, change to green and then to amber....
    I love how Talus' eyes sparkle...

• Gold Top Dog

I love thick fluffy coats.  I was drawn to BCs, Aussies, and Goldens before finding Woobs.  His fluffy coat first drew my attention, along with his cute face and white spot on his nose.  Indie's coat is so amazing now, we get comments all the time.  He's officially what I'd call "flashy"  now and when he runs and the wind blows through it, it is a beautiful sight.  I know I'm a proud mama but people at the dog park have actually gasped at the way he looks.  His size is something I love also, but it's not breed standard.  He's huge for a BC and I love it, adds to the majesty of his appearance.

I'm also gaga for some papillion ears and Briard ears as well!  I love the face of a black lab because my teenage heart dog, Jarva, was one.  And the distinguished gentlemen looks of my Airedale is something I miss as well.

• Gold Top Dog

"Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na ................BAT DOG!!!!"

• Gold Top Dog

The innocent eyes of Charlie gets me every time...

Then it's the ears...how can you not love those silky roast beef ears...

• Gold Top Dog

Beagles: The merriness apparent in every aspect of their structure.

Akitas: their alertness of countenence

Leonbergers: their leonine like appearance.

• Gold Top Dog

I love their "sleek" appearance, & the elegant, alert way in which they carry themselves.

• Gold Top Dog

Beagles-The little puppy freckles on their legs. Brownie's never went away.

Cocker Spaniels-Dark eyes, floppy ears, and an ever-wagging tail. Cuddles' ears hardly ever flop though.

Chis-There large straight ears

Cairns-Weather proof coat and big teeth

• Gold Top Dog

mrstjohnson
    The innocent eyes of Charlie gets me every time...

Innocent???? Hah THAT guy is up to something !!!   Hee hee heee

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

I am such a sucker for pointy, triangle ears. Add a pointy muzzle and I'm a long way gone. With the corgis, I also love those chunky little legs. Lapphunds.... well, where does one start? They are a stunningly beautiful breed all 'round.

I'm also partial to the sleekness of dobes, and the feathering on a saluki really catches my eye. I love the athleticism of Kelpies. A lean Kelpie is something to behold. I see that in Jill when she's running or jumping.  

• Gold Top Dog

The independence they have in every step, move and look... Small but strong, bright and alert, full of stamina, always ready for action...

But if I have to choose only one thing it would be the look in their eyes - the merry little dog with childlike curiosity and the intelligence that stuns me at times..

• Gold Top Dog

In Monroe I love the deep, soulful look he often has in his eyes; as if he knows all the answers to the universe and doesn't understand why I don't get it.

Morrison's profile can take my breath away, especially when he is on point.  I wish I had a good picture of it but...here is a good one of both.  How could you not love these dogs?!?

P1230149.jpg picture by skimmelman

• Gold Top Dog

In general I like more "natural" looking dogs - medium to large, average substance, longer muzzles and pointy or semi-pointy ears. Coats and color are not as important to me but I am drawn to blacks, merles, tri colors and unusual markings. I don't tend to be attracted to solid white on any animal though.

I like the Belgians for their "pointyness" - high set triangle shaped ears and long pointy muzzle. Classic big bad wold look ;) I like that they are elegant without being fragile looking. They have really attractive outlines and I like that they are supposed to be moderate in structure and movement. Jagger's coat is amazing too and I love his boy dog mane. Plus they smile!

GSDs I like their powerful but still natural appearance. They are a good size, moderate build (or should be), have intelligent expression and look all around like a working dog. They have the pointy ears and long muzzles too but with just a bit more substance to them. They have classic good looks :)