Your Dream Breed

• Gold Top Dog

tiffy

Don't get a Corgi, Steph! JK Toots, mama loves you hair and all.

I think I could deal with a Corgi.... they don't have to be clipped/buzzed down every 4-6 weeks, right?? Brushing/bathing/trims I can do, no problem.

Our groomer charges $15 more for long coated breeds before even doing anything! So, if I wanted a (basic) groom a Corgi would be $30, a Cocker $45. I do get why, but jeeeeeeze it adds up!

• Gold Top Dog

Corgis are wash and wear kinda dogs. A brush and some nail clippers is all they need. Of course, if you stay on top of the brushing its really not that bad. Apollo sheds, right? So you're already used to shedding. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

tiffy

Apollo sheds, right? So you're already used to shedding. Smile

OMGosh, does he ever! He blows his coat 2x a year heavily, and lightly sheds all year. The vacuum and lint rollers are my BFF, lol!

• Gold Top Dog

I have a friend who's had a number of dog breeds.  She's had several labs and pit bulls and prefers the shedding of a Corgi or GSD (those are the breeds she has currently).  GSDs shed a LOT but it tends to clump (especially if you have wood floors).  I imagine the Corgi is the same just on a smaller scale (to me the coat of the Corgi seems similar to a GSD).  I've never had a lab or pit bull but she says their hair sheds constantly and the hairs stick to everything and sort of weave their way into fabrics and upholstery, whereas the GSD or Corgi hair forms a soft dust bunny and is easy enough to vacuum off the furniture.

• Gold Top Dog

You nailed it, Lies. Corgis don't shed individual hairs, but soft, fluffy balls of fur. Usually grey.

• Bronze

Since I have 2 labs and already had a rottweiler (my heart dog), a german shepherd I would have to say ok it is more than one: American pit bull terrier, english bulldog,and I wouldn't mind another rottweiler or a german shepherd :) They would have to be rescues though since they are so hard to adopt out and I love the breeds.

• Gold Top Dog

Wish I had a yard for one... but either a Coydog or a Carolina Dog (basically the same thing lol)

Just for the exoticism of it.

Coydog

Carolina Dog

Something kind of "wild" you know?

• Gold Top Dog

I guess I would have to say that I've always thought that a Rough Collie would be a nice dog to own.  Or, maybe an English Shepherd.

• Gold Top Dog

Liesje

I've never had a lab or pit bull but she says their hair sheds constantly and the hairs stick to everything and sort of weave their way into fabrics and upholstery,

Exactly!

• Puppy

Australian Shepherds are the best and excellent choice.

• Bronze
    My dream breed to have is Siberian Husky :)
    • Bronze

Our Blaze, Ive always wanted one, my husband made my dream come true.

English Bull Terrier, she`s amazing.7/3/2011 she was 8 months old.

• Gold Top Dog

I have no idea if I ever answered this thread...I don't think I did! LOL

My dream breed, hands down, is the border collie.  I love their energy, their drive, their quirky personalities.  Specifically I want a red and white rough coated BC.  We had this dog in one of the agility classes I took and I totally wanted to steal him.

• Silver

A lot for me to choose from since I have my first dog as an adult at 46!

Carolina Dog would be my pick though, something so close in form to an aboriginal dog would be very cool!

• Puppy
    well, that a great questions....from what i see, people really like Chihuahuas are very popular, take a look how many profiles there are on this site:*removed by Moderator*