Any one have a Beauceron?

• Puppy

Wow!  Nice to see a Beauceron post.  Everyone's Beaucerons are so beautiful.  Hope my girls lives up to the breed.  Her name is Soleil.  I also got her from Karla Davis.  She is 5 months old.  She is a harlequin.  I'd post a pic but I'm not sure how?  Can some one fill me in?  Thanks

• Gold Top Dog

Nikki..i dont remember how to post pics..its been a long time since i have.  My Contessa is from Karla Davis as well...shes a "C" year dog...whats your's registered name?  Isnt she a "D" litter? (born in 08?)  Who are the parents.  Tess is out of IABCA Sasha du CHateau Rocher and Oscar du Sentier des Savaness FRII...she has her dad's drive and bite, but looks alot like her mom!  Do you plan on showing your beauce?  I almost got a harle when i got Tessa, but decided to go with black and tan.  Id like to breed her next year to a harle and hope to keep a puppy,but its very hard to find a harle stud...even more so one i like!

• Puppy

Yes...she is a D year.  Born Dec 4, '08.  Her registered name is Soleil du Chateau Rocher.  Parents are Bailey Bleu du Chateau Rocher (harliquin male) and Barrakkuda du Chateau Rocher (black and tan).  She is primarily a campanion but I would like to get into bite work for recreation--shutzhund, french ring, or something of the sort.  I do not have any experience in these sports and need to do more research.  The white spot on her chest is too big to be shown, so she is on limited registration.  Karla said it might shrink.  She has seen it happen before.  If that happens we will go from there.  All in all, I am very pleased that I picked Soleil.  She has quite the attitude.  Very smart.  I also have a year old ridgeback and she has ruled the roost over him since the day she came home.  The ear tapping was also new to me.  For some reason the airlines took the tape off of her ears when she took off.  She flew all the way to Florida without it.   When I got her they were flopped over, and I had no previous tape job to go off of.  But Karla walked me through how to retape them.  I was very diciplined with it, and got better with each tapping.  Now her ears are standing great.  I'm glad I stuck with it!

Do you show your girl as well as bite work?  She is beautiful.  I'd love to hear more about her.

• Puppy
    • Gold Top Dog

oh shes very beautiful...i really want a harlequin next... i was going to get a harle, but decided i didnt really have a preference on color, and it would be several months before she had the possibility of any harles, and she had a black/tan available, so i ended up with her!  The pulled the tampons out of Tessa's ear wraps on the plane, she still had tape, but she had pooped all over the crate, and was so disgusting i had to wash her and the tape came off then LOL.  I had my vet fix them that monday (she flew in to TX on a Saturday) and after a week of being taped, they stood beautifully and we never had a problem!

We have done a little bit of schutzhund, but the closest trainer is 2 hours away, and we've had trouble getting there...so we've done a little work to build drive and work on the obedience part for her BH at home, and hope to go back soon.  I do show her in conformation, as well as obedience, rally, and schutzhund..  Shes been a fabulous dog and Im more than happy with her.  rock solid temperment, beautiful girl!  I just wish we had some more around here! 

• Bronze

Hello,

She is Beautifull More photos?Embarrassed

• Bronze

Since I find a beautifull male to mate Niobé, 3 days before the mate the owner had made a medical test and unfortunately it showed that he can not cover anymore Crying
    I didn't give up yet to find the perfect spotted male...

Wich male did you chose for Contessa? and when you plan her litter? 

Here is an 11 weeks old puppy devil Stick out tongue

• Gold Top Dog

[wolf whistle!]

Never mind the cutsey puppy - who is that handsome RB she is hanging out with?!  Gorgeous! Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

Niobe- still looking for a male..i have a few ideas.  She will be 2 in July, and I will do all of her health testing...shes should come into season in July, and then again in January.  I plan on getting another Tibetan Mastiff puppy in the fall, so will probably not breed her until next summer, if i do at all!  My mother has 7 GSD puppies right now and i really dont know if im ready to deal with puppies! LOL....

• Puppy

Ha Ha....Thanks.  That is my first.  My boy Kito.  He is so much fun.  Love him so much.  Do you have a ridgeback?

• Puppy

Wow, Nikki2, I just stumbled on this post and realize that I've got Soleil's sister, Deja Bleue du Chateau Rocher. Same birthday, same parents. What are the chances? I also notice that Soleil and Deja have Contessa du Chateau Rocher's dad, Oscar, as their grandpa. It's a small world with Beaucerons!

She's beautiful. I see that they both share Ch. Bailey's coloring...and that attitude is very familiar! Deja can by quite sassy, but she's the best darn girl I have ever had, and far exceeds my expectations. Karla Davis is fantastic and does a fine job of pairing dogs and owners. I'm sure I'll be back to her kennel if I ever get room for another one!

I'd love to see more pics of Soleil and Tessa. What can I say... Deja's got a lovely extended family! Big Smile

• Puppy

Here are a few Deja pics. I think. Hopefully I'm adding these images correctly...

• Gold Top Dog

Nikki2

Ha Ha....Thanks.  That is my first.  My boy Kito.  He is so much fun.  Love him so much.  Do you have a ridgeback?

No I don't, but would love to have one.  Maybe one day!  I have a soft spot for them since I knew a couple of absolutely lovely RBs when I was very small and it left a lasting impression on me!

• Puppy

Niobe is gorgeous, too! I meant to say that with my earlier post, but I guess I got sidetracked with the discovery of Deja's family members. Such a pretty girl. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

aww i so want a harlequin now!  Nikki..if shes a "D" litter, how is her registered name "Soliel du Chateau Rocher"?  When i got Tessa, Karla mentioned i had to register her beginning with a "C" (Contessa du Chateau Rocher)..just curious if i missed something!

yeah i really wanted another TM, but i think i really want to stick with my breed...i dont believe theres anyone in the state of TX that breeds beauce anymore...and i have alot of interested people in her, and i really enjoy the versatility of the breed.  We are currently looking to add flyball to her resume, as there are some people wanting to start a local team..i know Tessa would love it!

As for breeding, as my mom and I were talking, due to us having so many hurricanes in this area, January would be a better time to breed...if she was bred in July that would make puppies due in Septemeber, and the last several years we havef had to evacuate a few times between sept-nov.  Definately dont want to take a pregnant mother or young puppies on a long stressful evacuation trip!  Dont think im quite ready for this coming January, maybe Jan 2011...lol.  We will begin her health testing (CERF, OFA hips and elbows, etc) in July...and we'll see where we go from there.  Debbie Skinner has some very nice males, and im realloy leaning more towards improving working/versatility of the breed more than " a flashy show dog"....so really looking at working (herding/FR/etc) studs.

But again...do i really want to breed, or just get a puppy? lol...Like i said, if im wanting more working lines, I really like Debbie's dogs..but she doesnt breed harlequins...and i really do want a harlequin...so i may get another puppy from Karla...oh decisions decisions lol