What are the popular breeds in your area?

• Gold Top Dog

What are the popular breeds in your area?

Here in the Philippines (in the city), the most popular breeds are the Lab, Shih Tzu and Japanese Spitz. There are a lot of Rotties, Dobies, Golden Retrievers and Dachshunds. Pibbles and Huskies are also becoming more popular.

Now, which breeds are popular in the area you live in?
    • Gold Top Dog
    Definitely labs/lab mixes here. [:)]
    • Puppy
    with the latest sled dog movies, there have been a lot of siberian huskies and malamutes around, and they're pretty difficult breeds to own...and loads of irresponsible owners :(
    • Gold Top Dog
    labs, followed by pit bulls. The cops just busted up a pit bull fighting ring in the next neighborhood over
    • Gold Top Dog
    pits, pit xs, boxers, labs, goldens, and yorkies are probably the most popular.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Labs, Goldens, Shepards, and pits
    • Gold Top Dog
    I live in Toronto (Canada), multi-cultural mecca, so I find it very interesting the breeds that different nationalities tend to own. My particular area has a high Asian population and they have an obvious preference for either small/toy breeds or huskies. Eastern Europeans lean more to the boxers and rotties. I also see more and more Berns and Aussies in the city and a definate decrease in pitt breeds - of course they were banned '04 I believe.
    • Gold Top Dog
    labs, lab mixes, boxers, GSDs, GSD mixes, pittie mixes, dobies, hound mixes, beagles, BC mixes and for some reason we've got alot of newfies, carting dogs (leonbergers, swissies, berners.)  For small dogs Westies, doxie mixes, maltese, shih tzus, schnauzers....etc.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Labs & Dachshunds probably over all. Pitts and chihuahuas are very popular among the Hispanic population here. Just about every farmer in the area has a lab, a "bird dog" (pointer of some sort), and/or a blue heeler.
    • Gold Top Dog
    In our old neighborhood it was goldens. It seemed like if you bought a house there, you were issued a golden to go with it. In our new neighborhood it's more labs, beagles and GSDs and a lot more mutts than where we used to live.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Lots of Pit bulls, AmStaffs, Boxers, Rottweilers, Labs, Goldens, Shih Tzu, Bichon Frise, etc. here and mixes thereof. Oh, and of course all of the designer breeds (Labradoodles, Puggles etc.).
    • Gold Top Dog
    Labs, Labs, Labs, Goldens, Yorkies, Jack Russells, a few bull breeds, Labs, Shepherds, ...did I say Labs?[:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Lots of Labs, Goldens, and Pits, here.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Labs, pits and their mixes. Next in line would be Goldens and small dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Forgot to say, our next door neighbor is getting a goldendoodle puppy in August, and I've met 2 different people in the past week who both had goldendoodle pups.