Is my dog a Pitbull/Welsh Corgi mix? (pics)

• Silver

Is my dog a Pitbull/Welsh Corgi mix? (pics)

when i first got her, i was TOLD she was a pitbull/corgi mix.  however, im not 100% certain to this day. 

i have heard everything from dingo, ridgeback, to german shepherd mix.

pics:

1 month old

1 year old/13 months

just for reference:
    American Pit Bull Terrier

Pembroke Welsh Corgi

what do you think?

is pitbull/corgi accurate?
    • Gold Top Dog
    One thing, is that she's beautiful! She looks pretty large, how much does she weigh? I definitely DO NOT see corgi, at all actually. I'm not really sure, some people will come along with some good answers. I can understand pit, and maybe ridgeback.
    • Silver
    thanks! 

she's roughly 50-60lbs.  she really not that big,  the pics i took were really up close to the camera so it kinda made her look a bit bigger than she really is lol

so u see pit and ridgeback... but not at all german shepherd? (i got a lot of GS from strangers)
    • Gold Top Dog
    I don't see ANY corgi in there, to be honest. It's *possible*, of course, but most corgi crosses tend to have shorter legs (not as short as a PB corgi, but shorter than usual), significant white markings, and a finer face than your dog. They also tend to be somewhat smaller- usually in the 40 pound range, max. Your girl is cute, though!     
    • Gold Top Dog
    She could be a full pit bull or a german shepherd mixed with pit.. 
    • Silver
    thanks to those that responded so far...

here is a short video clip i took of her playing outside after a rainy day (hope this makes it a bit easier to distinguish):

[linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T7lmBX2viM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T7lmBX2viM[/link]
    • Gold Top Dog
    She is adorable! I love the puppie pictures, she looks like she is mostly Pitt Bull/ German Shepherd, she could have alot a little Lab, since that is a pretty common breed to be mixed with. whatever she is she's a cutie
    • Gold Top Dog
    nah, i don't see GSD. Her nose/face arent very long, and for the ears, they're not GSD ears. I'm getting ready to go to class, but i'll watch the video later and see what i think.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I see lab and something bully.
    • Gold Top Dog
    well since we don't have them here, dingo is out[;)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm really thinking lab x pit, maybe with a little something else in there as well.  Beautiful dog!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I agree there is no Corgi in there.  I say Shar Pei mix instead of Pit.  I've seen many many SP mixes and they all had a similar face.  (They always lack the wrinkles of the pure SP).

Here are some Shar Pei mixes on a Shar Pei rescue site (so I figure they know they are truly SP mixes)http://www.sharpeisavers.com/courtesylistings.htm  I can see similarities with your dog.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Does she have spots on the tongue?  Could be a chow pit bull mix.  I don't think she would have up ears if she was mixed with lab...
    • Gold Top Dog
    I don't see Shar Pei at all.  They have funny fur, especially on their faces, and tiny ears.  I think she is a pit mix, possibly pure pit.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I don't think there's any way she's pure pit bull. Pits have CHEEKS. Her face barely goes out wider than her muzzle. Honestly, I'm not sure I see any pit. She looks a bit like the pit on the cover of that book, at first glance, but once you really look at the shape of the head...I don't know.

I don't really have a guess, other than not pure pit bull. [:D]

Oh, no, I figured it out! She's one of those darn dorable dogs again. They usually leave you pretty stumped, til it hits you. [;)]

She is super cute. I love the video.