Is my dog a Pitbull/Welsh Corgi mix? (pics)

• Gold Top Dog
    Well, my Shar Pei link is dead, so here is another example ...

http://www.edwardsapet.org/images/uni.jpg

• Gold Top Dog
    I don't see any corgi at all. Whatever she is, shes too cute.
    • Silver
    ORIGINAL: colliewog

Well, my Shar Pei link is dead, so here is another example ...

[linkhttp://www.edwardsapet.org/images/uni.jpg]http://www.edwardsapet.org/images/uni.jpg[/link]

wow that does kinda look like my dog! she doesnt look like full shar pei... but does resemble mixed! thx!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Beautiful dog!! She looks like a pit/lab/gsd mix to me. [:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    What a cute video!  I'm going with LabxPit.  Very pretty! [:D]
    • Silver
    Only corgi i see is inthe ears. And really I dont know if there is any corgi. What makes you think she has borgi in her? were you told this?
    • Bronze
    She holds herself like a Shiba Inu.

The problem with this are the ears. Neither Shar Peis or Pit Bulls have pointy ears and that ear shape is very different from the pointy-eared dogs I can think of. Rhodesians too don't have prick ears. This makes me think there's some of the spitz group in the dog yet the tail doesn't have the curl. Which leads to German Shepherd but the stance is all wrong and your dog is not deep-chested; in fact the chest is very broad. The nose isn't GSD either. I'm assuming the ears are uncropped. Her back is quite straight, not sloped at all.

I think, that we have to assume her parents were of common breeds. How many Rhodesian Ridgeback owners keep their dogs un-neutered and running free to breed with pit bulls? There aren't all that many Rhodies out there. If we go by the list of the top popular breeds, that leaves us with GSD and lab as the likeliest suspects.

Given the generally unfortunate owners pit bulls attract these days and the ears, head, muzzle, stance, eyse, tail, and chest, I think there is some pit bull there; likely a pure-breed. The other parent I would wager is another mutt. Ruling out most of the other most popular breeds (Yorkies, Beagles, Poodles, etc), AND remembering that this is an indifferently bred mutt of fairly small size for her imposing stature, I think the other parent would have some GSD (black in tail/ears/feet) and possibly lab though I have seen cream-colored (not white) GSDs (we owned one). I wish I could be more confident, but nothing will tell you unless you get the dog genetically tested and even then you may not be sure.

Still, she's charming! Very strong, alert, and dignified. I don't think anyone will bother you walking her around.
    • Gold Top Dog
    cute cute baby.  i have to say though, i don't really see any pit in her. to me, that muzzle is just not enough.  i agree with the poster who made the "cheek" comment.

THAT COULD BE A VERY GOOD THING.

as a bully owner, you definitely have the upper hand if you just say mutt.  i can't tell you how hard it is to get a place to live with pits.  even our daily walks consist of people either crossing the street or calling out of car windows asking to breed.

i'm going with some kind of ridgeback mix.
    • Bronze
    You have a beautiful canine, but he's far too tall to have corgi in him. I have run into other corgi mixes, specifically a corgi-german shepherd mix (Rocky), and even with the german shepherd in the dog, he was no taller than a corgi, much like my dog, Newton; Rocky looked like a miniature german shepherd. I thought I should post a reply since my lovable mutt is a pitbull terrier/corgi mix. Hope this helps! Your dog very much looks like a german shepherd mix and like it was said in a previous post, as long as you love him, it doesn't matter what he is!
    • Gold Top Dog

grab01
    well since we don't have them here, dingo is out[;)]

What about American Dingo? (Carolina Dog?) I have a friend who owns an American Dingo, and that's what I thought when I saw him, though I'm certainly no expert. 

• Gold Top Dog

Yes I see Pit Bull as a possibility. Never can be certain when you don't know the parents though. Lots of other mix breeds can look similar to Pits. I don't see Corgi at all (which doesn't make it impossible). Here are some other Pits you can compare, maybe some resemblance. I used a few with full prik ears so it would help b/c that can really change the look of some dogs.

This one has ears cropped, not prik

• Gold Top Dog

i say pitXchow. thats a popular mix.

as for cheek. she has enough to convince me of what she is... 

and not all pits have cheeks. depends what line you're looking at. more showy lines seem to have more cheek than working/hunting/game lines. those lines are slick, lean and more terrier like and less bully.  

• Gold Top Dog

DumDog

i say pitXchow. thats a popular mix.

as for cheek. she has enough to convince me of what she is... 

and not all pits have cheeks. depends what line you're looking at. more showy lines seem to have more cheek than working/hunting/game lines. those lines are slick, lean and more terrier like and less bully.  

Yeah so true, physical features depends on the bloodline and breeding. You know people will always try to stick a label on what is or isn't a Pit. It is a Pit because, it isn't a Pit because. Dogs of any breed can have faults according to conformation standard. Just like some have over pronounced jaw muscles others lack it and have very narrow head. I never thought about PitxChow, interesting thought. I did think she looked like a PitxAkita I've seen.

• Gold Top Dog
    OOOhhh I love the look of her head.

I honestly dont see any Lab at all in her. Perhaps some Pittie Some Shar Pei and something else. The muzzzle on her reminds me of a Chow Chow's.

• Bronze

3muttsandaboston
    Does she have spots on the tongue?  Could be a chow pit bull mix.  I don't think she would have up ears if she was mixed with lab...

Just wanted to say that Chows are not the only breed that has spots on it's tongue and finding spots does not proclaim the dog as a Chow mix. Smile

She is a truly beautiful dog! I would be inclined to go with Pit/Shepherd-X. Whatever she is she's pefect! Big Smile