Adopted Thunder

• Bronze

Thank you. Its nice to see people feel that way. I have had people to tell me go back to his house blah blah. I agree, He's mine, he's beautiful, I love him. It's gonna work out regardless if he is pure or mixed cause I wanted a pet not a buisness.

• Bronze

Also, his tail kinda makes me think Akita for some reason. Not sure. If he is mixed I may never know and with so many breeds looking so similar it's hard to pick out 100%.

• Gold Top Dog

Very cute puppy! 

If you purchased this puppy, from a breeder, as a purebred, with papers, then you need to notify the AKC.  Passing this puppy off as a purebred is, IMO, highly unethical of the breeder.  They should be reported to the AKC in hopes that their registration privilidges will be suspended or revoked.

• Bronze

The guy I got him from stopped responding when I told him the vet said they doubt it's a purebred GSD. THat may be all I needed to happen to get the answers I needed. Still would like to know what he truely is but it will be hard with the guy I got him from maybe not being 100% honest.

• Gold Top Dog

Did you look at the paperwork on the parents before purchasing him?  Their registrations, health cerfiticates, titles, etc?  Most if not all is available to public.  You can search by name or reg number on the AKC site, same for OFA.  If they were German German Shepherds you can get ZW scores on the ZV site.  Most people have their dogs on the pedigree database and if not you can add your dog or the parents and see what's there.  A reputable breeder should share all this information with you, without even being asked.

• Bronze

I was a little distracted by a dog my size trying to break the door down to eat me. Oh well, what can I do at this point. THe only thing I really have is a copy of the ad he wrote about it being full blooded gsd and all that stuff. Oh, I do have his number,address, name but not sure where to start with any of that. He won't respond anymore. Maybe I should accept that I maybe been had and deal with it.

• Gold Top Dog

You also should consider that the person MIGHT think the litter is pure and it isn't. If he was not the most responsible person and left his bitch outside during her season, more than one sire is definitely possible. Every pup in a litter actually, can have a different sire. So again...the "responsible" part plays in here. When I do a breeding I breed the bitch to the male and then ISOLATE HER COMPLETELY until her season is over. There is never any chance of any other male getting a hand in the what pups are whelped 2 months later.

So he may know that, he may not...he may know his bitch was covered by more than one dog, he may not...but either way...it's something else to consider.

Friend of mine online has a dog that is almost identical to you boy, black and tan coloring, blue eyes, white patches and all...and he is a Husky Mix. In fact to me your boy looks most like an Alaskan Husky...the type of dog used in the Iditarod. These are typically a mix of more than 2 breeds and can have any number of colors or patterns to them.

• Gold Top Dog

OK, so this was a purchase and their WAS fraud involved.  No registration papers were offered?  You might want to talk with your county attorney....I'm pretty sure that fraud or theft by misrepresentation is illegal every where.  Be sure to say up front that you don't want to give up your pup, BUT, you want to be reimbursed for the fraud.

• Gold Top Dog

I would chalk it up to a lesson learned.  If there was no contract, not even a firm verbal agreement as far as the lineage of the puppy, then pursuing legal action will just be expensive for the OP.  If you want a dog that is purebred, you need to get the proof up front, especially from a "breeder" that makes no attempt to share the necessary information about the dogs' lineage, health, etc.  At best the OP could maybe return the dog, maybe get some money back.  Even with reputable breeders and clear contracts you generally must return the dog to get money back.

• Bronze

Liesje

I would chalk it up to a lesson learned.  If there was no contract, not even a firm verbal agreement as far as the lineage of the puppy, then pursuing legal action will just be expensive for the OP.  If you want a dog that is purebred, you need to get the proof up front, especially from a "breeder" that makes no attempt to share the necessary information about the dogs' lineage, health, etc.  At best the OP could maybe return the dog, maybe get some money back.  Even with reputable breeders and clear contracts you generally must return the dog to get money back.

it is a lesson  learned for sure. I want to keep the puppy no doubt about it so is there a point in spending a couple thousand to prove a point to some guy? Also, I typed his name and number into google and surprise surprise he was selling several breeds of puppies. TOo bad I didn't do my homework before but atleast Thunder has a home where he is loved. It's probably worth the price I paid to have him out of the mess he was in.

• Gold Top Dog

I really like your attitude.

what I'm saying is that your local law enforcement/courts/AC might be willing to take some action to shut this guy down or at least to protect future buyers.

• Bronze

I understand and I agree with you, but really if he just changed his cell number and his online username it might slip past anyone trying to track it. It is sad really that some people lie and take advantage of others but that's the world we live in. He is a fun puppy and beautiful and loves me so I still feel like I won even though I got taken advantage of.

• Gold Top Dog

i really do admire your attitude.    I just hate it when people cheat others.  Altho, in your case you don't feel cheated and that's wonderful!

• Gold Top Dog

Thunder

I understand and I agree with you, but really if he just changed his cell number and his online username it might slip past anyone trying to track it.

True but I think the most important thing is to be an educated buyer.  Cons can't take advantage of an educated buyer.  There should be a lot more exchanged between the two parties than a username and cell phone number, especially if the seller is a breeder, making a profit from puppies.  I can't stress enough with GSDs how important it is to at the absolute very least make sure the sire and dam have the standard health clearances.  The breed is so popular, overbred, and now overall pretty unhealthy.  You get what you pay for...

• Gold Top Dog

I agree that the dog doesn't appear to be a purebred GSD. If you got AKC papers with this puppy, I'd strongly urge you to file a formal complaint with them that you suspect you were given incorrect papers. AKC will follow up with the breeder and if they believe the pedigree is not accurate may require DNA testing. If the puppy isn't registered or is registered with a "pet registry", there really isn't much you can do. I saw you mention the breeder had a dog who wanted to "eat" you? Did you meet and interact with the parents? What did they look like? Hopefully they had nice temperaments at least.