Dog Bucket List

• Gold Top Dog

I currently have a mixed breed -- some sort of border collie/aussie/retriever mix. 

I definitely want to own a border collie someday.  I really dream of a red and white, rough coated one (I would LOVE this girl if I could adopt one now!).  I want to get into agility and my current dog, love her though I do, is definitely NOT an agility dog (I'm considering therapy work at some point as that's definitely more up her alley).

I also adore Australian shepherds and would like to rescue a deaf one at some point.  I've transported several deaf Aussies to rescue and I love the breed and I think I could give a good home to a deaf one (not blind though as we have too much stuff to ever make the home comfortable for a dog who couldn't see).

All that being said, mixed breeds are still in the potential list...probably herding breed mixes, especially with retrievers.  I REALLY love long-haired dogs so plan to stick with dogs with fur I can sink my hands into!

• Gold Top Dog

Wanted to update my January 2010 bucket list LOL

Currently I keep gravitating to a black- golden/lab mix with the long golden coat.  There is just something about them that calls out to me. Inbetween my "poodle" and "bmd" and "pwd" and "lowchen" yearnings, I always gravitate back to this type of dog.

I hope to have that be my next dog that could play around in agility and obedience and other fun stuff.

2010 Feb update :P DH and I keep mentioning these breeds: BMD, Leonberger (new to our list), boxer, poodle (mini or standard), and still that golden/lab mix with the long black coat. Will have to see what comes up. I have committed to no new animals until we move back to MD from CA (haven't yet even moved to CA!) which will be Dec 2012. Patience Patience!!
    • Gold Top Dog

shamrockmommy
    Wanted to update my January 2010 bucket list LOL

I think I'm gonna do the same LOL

I've Owned: American Cocker Spaniels, Beagle, Chihuahua, and a Newfie/Lab mix.

I Want To Own: English Setter, American Foxhound, English Foxhound, Harrier.