What breed is this puppy?

• Gold Top Dog

The bigger, the sweeter, I always say.  Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Good luck at the meeting.  Fingers and paws crossed that this is your new baby!

• Gold Top Dog

So the woman said her hubby said he thought the mom was a shepherd mix of some kind...about 45lbs, and that papa was bigger (maybe 75lbs) and looked like a collie mix.  So, there is probably either collie, border collie, aussie or ES in there, plus some shepherd and probably a little bit o' lab for good measure, and I'd say some good ole Carolina hound dog.  Maybe even some pit....but that doesn't scare me off.  She's such a good variety of breeds, I'm betting she's got a sweet temperament.  We have no idea what Misty is and she's been the most wonderful dog in the world!

We're leaving now...yay!

• Gold Top Dog

CoBuHe

The bigger, the sweeter, I always say.  Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Good luck at the meeting.  Fingers and paws crossed that this is your new baby!

well, you've sure got some beautiful, big dogs there!
    • Gold Top Dog

well, we met her and she was adorable, but we decided she isn't the right dog for us.  We all agreed she was cute as a button, but she was VERY, VERY mouthy and growly....and we were a little concerned because she spent the first 6 weeks of her life, living in the woods .... born to strays, with no socialization. She seemed to be accepting of us and liked us, but I just can't pinpoint what the feeling was.  My husband said if I wanted her, he would support my decision, but as we drove home, we were all very quiet and not really all excited over her like we should have been if we wanted her.

So....the search continues.  I'd rather take my time and meet several pups and get the one that feels right, than to just get one because he/she is cute.  We took a while after our last dog died to find Misty, and as soon as I saw her, I just "knew".  We took her outside and ran around with her, and she was just so cute and waggly and seemed to LOVE us immediately.  Now, to this day, when she sees us, she doesn't just wag her tail, her entire body wags...like she's doing the twist.  I want another dog that's like her, and I think we'll know it when we find him or her.

I'm a little sad, but it's okay. 

• Gold Top Dog

I do agree...when the feeling is right, that's the pup.  Good luck in your search, your pup is out there,,,maybe not even born yet...but soon you will have your new addition.

Thanks for the compliment on my sweeties.  Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog
    She looks SO young! I'm still going for ES or BC/Collie mix or BC/Sheltie - for the sable. Sable is carried in both BC and of course ES, Collie, and Sheltie. It's much less seen in Aussies. I'm not so much on the Saint - still thinking more like a Pyr for the round fluffball look. Big Smile