What an unusual looking dog!

• Silver

micksmom

Just something about the texture of the coat that made me think Akita.  It's weird, but his/her coloring almost looks like his/her sides were shaved/slipped. 

I agree that he has been clipped over most of his body and head. If you look at the  length of the hair on the tail then it is obvious. The legs do not look clipped and they are darker. I am guessing that he has the type of hair that is darker at the ends, and lighter by the skin. When all his coat is grown out he won't look so unusual because you will see mostly the dark hairs.

• Gold Top Dog

If you look at his tail, it's longer haired, so I'm assuming he was perhaps shaved down. The dark stripe could simply be shading in the coat that is more pronounced when shaved down. My yorkie has shading in the blue part of his coat that, when clipped down, gives him a very light spot in the middle of his back. As soon as his coat grows a bit, it's not noticeable

• Gold Top Dog

I'd definitely agree with the Shar-pei in him.  I've seen Shar-pei's with a dark "dorsal stripe" similar to this one.  I think he's very interesting!

• Gold Top Dog

did i just find his brother?

http://www.buttehumane.org/adopt-an-animal2.php?filter=dog

these people said this dog was a surrender and is labeled a lab/shar/shepherd... that is... if the owner was even sure of the dogs breeding.. the dorsal stripe and markings arent nearly as flashy as the original fella.. but i see some resemblance in the ears! 

• Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles

Akita x Shar Pei...willing to bet money on it. The dorsal stripe black over-laying fawn, is a common coloration with Akitas and he has the "hippo" mouth, of a Shar pei.

You read my mind! 

• Gold Top Dog

DumDog

what ever.. can i have him?

lol 

If he doesn't get claimed he'll go up for adoption.

Hmmmm... I could use a trip to sunny Florida!  Unless you want to take a trip to frostbitten Iowa LOL!

• Gold Top Dog

He is absolutely gorgeous!  I will have to agree.. Akita/sharpei..that immediatly came to mind when i saw him.  The tail probably does go into a loose curl, like someone else said ( i believe RW beagle?)  And Akitas do commonly have the dorsal stripe.  Diesel has one, although it blends in better now, if he was shaved, im sure it would be alot more distinct of  black strip on a litter greyish body.

• Gold Top Dog

sunny?? was rather cloudy today.. going to rain the rest of the week lol those travel agents still selling that lie i see?

seriously would loooooooooooove to have that dog! as long as he was well behave fella Big Smile