Any rare doggies out there? (purebred)

• Gold Top Dog
    dgriego

He looks more like a wolfhound or deerhound with that haircut.

He is a cutie!

Hehe thanks. ^-^
    • Gold Top Dog
    Kyda I love your doggie! He's so handsome :)
    • Gold Top Dog
    Thank you, Bkimura. I think the doggy in you siggy is cute, too.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Thank you Kyda :)
    • Gold Top Dog
    Beauceron.Akita.Golden all your dogs are beautiful. Even the sweet little golden :) I love the Beauceron! I've never seen one of those in person before. Is he a good dog so far?
    • Gold Top Dog

Thanks Bkimura..yes shes been a WONDERFUL puppy!  I am so impressed.  Ive been around/owned many different purebreds, and have always felt i could never be a breeder because there are too many breeds i want in my lifetime to ever own more than one of the same breed..but my opinion has changed!  I already cant wait to get my second one!  Very easy to train ( have her entered in her first obedience show the week after she turns 6 months), patient, loving.  Indepedent but still loyal.  Shes laid back, and can calmly lie in a crate when i need her too, but will glady jump up to run full speed playing with the other dogs, swimming, or take walks with me.  While shes a bit rough in playing ( i guess most puppies are!), and seems to not understand how big she is when playing with other puppies, im just happy taht she is FRIENDLY, and not aggressive to other dogs/cats/people..we just need to work on tuning down the rambunctiousness~!

• Gold Top Dog

I do not have one, but I am really interested in the Berger Picard.  I never knew they existed until I saw a dozen of them at a UKC show this summer.  I believe they are a French breed that almost went extinct.  Besides the dog in the Win-Dixie movie, I've never seen another other than the ones at the show.  It's funny to me b/c I don't really like dogs with this type of coat, but these have captured me:

• Gold Top Dog

aww i love the picardy shepherds..they are soo pretty!  I have yet to see one in RL, but they look like a good dog.  :)  One of the beauceron breeders, breeds them as well.

• Gold Top Dog

Beauceron.Akita.Golden

Ive been around/owned many different purebreds, and have always felt i could never be a breeder because there are too many breeds i want in my lifetime to ever own more than one of the same breed

Thats exactly how I feel! Its like I want atleast one round with every single flippin' breed! Especially when my parents told me I could get a puppy and I HAD CHOICE OF BREED! It was a terrible feeling! Do I want a little one, medium, small, long hair, short hair, brown, white, spotted, THE LIST GOES ON! lol.

• Gold Top Dog

when i got my first ridgeback they were considered a rare breed. I really don't think they are anymore. There are tons in my city. And i know black GSDs are not a separate breed, but it's a coat color that you don't see as often. 

• Silver

We've got an Australian Terrier, Kazimeras.  I know one other member here has one or two, there are none around my area except for Kaz.  He always gets mistaken for a yorkie (13 pounds?) or a yorkie mix.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8529/dsc017851bg6.jpg