ILP Breed

• Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: rwbeagles
    Because DNA is not there yet. AKC DNA is only for PARENTAGE meaning it can tell you if puppy c is derived from dogs A and B or if dog D was involved. [;)]

If you read the posted blurb/video clip a while back, of some woman on Good Morning America DNA'ing her mix dog and them saying her 35lbs wire coated merle coated dog was ;part BORZOI lmbo...you can see how very far there still is to go with regard to breed ID'ing, and DNA...

Actually, Gina, that was Merideth Verie (sp?) on Today.  When she adopted her dog, she was told it was an Ausssie mix (I think mixed with Poodle).  He's cute, and I can see him being that mix.  I know someone on another baord who has a very Chow mix looking dog.  She did the DNA thing, and it came back that the primary breeds in the dog are Chihuahua and Pap!

quote:
    She might have meant through the UKC. They give an ILP# to the mixed breeds for performance events. BTW- you know the UKC is an American registry, right? :) They have shows around the US, just like the AKC, but most of their shows seem to be in the mid west and south.

Oh I must have gotten it confused with something else. I thought it was a european registry, dont know where I got that. heh
    I will look into some other registries, if he isnt accepted with teh AKC.

It's easy enough to be confused- UKC is the United Kennel Club.  "United" has some people thinking United Kingdom, not United States.  I believe the kennel club in England is just called Kennel Club.  [:)]

• Silver
    It's easy enough to be confused- UKC is the United Kennel Club.  "United" has some people thinking United Kingdom, not United States.  I believe the kennel club in England is just called Kennel Club. 

lol Yeah. I read that it allowed mixed breeds.
    • Gold Top Dog