Another "guess what my puppy is"

• Gold Top Dog
    his colours dont match, but he looks like a dog a had a few years ago, a dobie/aussie/pit mix. his dad was pure dobie, his mom aussie/pit (my boss's dogs [8|])
    some of the puppies were brindle as well. though one was solid white. some had tails, soem didnt. mine looked like a harrier... rather.. a big black and tan beagle.
    your dog looks like him as far as physique and body structure. he was also mouthy. he would greet me at the bus stop and grab my hand to walk me to the door.
    i only wish i had some pictures of him full grown..... the only ones i have are of him as a puppy and adolescent, and they need to be scanned.. but the scanner is broken..
    • Gold Top Dog
    I really don't think he looks like a Dutch Shepherd. His head has more of a square shape to it and his ears aren't "Shepherdy" at all. Even if they were Shepherd ears that weren't standing, they'd look different. I think Boxer/GSD mix is probably right. That accounts for his coloring, his squarish head with long muzzle, folded triangular ears and personality you described (no herding behavior and rough play style).
    • Gold Top Dog
    He is also very "prancy."  He doesn't walk, he prances.  [:D]  He also uses his paws a LOT...forgot to mention those two things, and figured they might be important.  I know boxers are known to use their paws for everything, so that may be where he gets it.  Though I was looking at Dutch shepherd puppies and he does resemble them quite a lot besides the ears.  I think it would be a very rare possibility that he would be a Dobe/Aussie/pit mix, but I'm sure its possible.  I definitely don't see dobe in him, though...  and he really doesn't have any of their characteristics, besides his activeness. 
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: Workingdoglover

He is also very "prancy."  He doesn't walk, he prances.  [:D]  He also uses his paws a LOT...forgot to mention those two things, and figured they might be important.  I know boxers are known to use their paws for everything, so that may be where he gets it. 

Yep. I'm tellin ya, Boxer/GSD. [:D] [;)] Of course, we can only guess, but I think the chances are good!
    • Silver
    Its funny when I read your posts, they sound like the same dog!  The traits are so similar.
    Max prances too, he smacks me with his paws and goes nuts for other dogs.  He rarely barks, but he watches very intently.

How do your pups teeth sit?  (not to sure of the lingo)  Max's lower jaw is overshot.  All of his teeth are just about in and I just noticed this.  I'm pretty sure this is a boxer trait.  Everyday I see some other breed!

• Puppy
    Whoa, this dog could be my Dixie's brother !! Even some of the behavior, like you said "prances" is really accurate. Also when he is chasing something does he "sproing" like a Tigger?? I am trying desperately to download pictures out of my Easy Share as my Dixie has the exact same face as your dog. It's freaky !! She is a darker brindle but other than that almost identical.
    They told me at the shelter she was a Lab/Pit mix but I am suspecting Greyhound in there just from the way she runs. My older dog trots like a horse... well Dixie runs more like an antelope. Really fast and graceful. I read somewhere on the web that the tip-off for Greyhound mix is silky hair (unlike my older lab mix who has coarse hair, Dixie's coat is very silky and shiny.)
    The other thing she does that makes me melt is she cocks her head like a movie dog when I talk to her. Everyone at the vet came over to tell me what a beauty she is... It boggles my mind that she was scheduled to be put down the day I called about her!
    She is not quite 2 yet and weighs 65 lbs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Well, his top jaw is actually the overshot one...hrm....  And that's how I am, I keep seeing different breed traits in him, but I keep telling myself that surely he can't have ALL of them...lol!

Hmm...the comment about the soft greyhound coat is a little intriguing.  Rafe has a really soft coat.  It doesn't look like it would be, but it is.  He's definitly NOT graceful, though...lol!  He's always cocking his head at me, too!  Rafe is smaller than your girl, though.  He's only about 35 pounds at 7 months.  And he was pretty close to being put down, too...  He only had a couple days left, poor guy.
    • Puppy
    It may be that I have BMC (Black Mouth Cur) on the brain - but I would say a brindle colored BMC :)   But mostly, just TOO CUTE :)