Need IDog vibes for my Mom - Shadowsgin- 10/11/13 update

• Gold Top Dog

Need IDog vibes for my Mom - Shadowsgin- 10/11/13 update

I am giving ya'll a week head start :)  My Mom has to have Hip Replacement on Monday Sept 30.   Is this Deja Vu? No this time last year is when my Daughter found out that she was having Hip Replacement.   Mom (Mary) is 77 and Dad is not quite as agile as he used to be so they will actually move her from the hospital to a rehab unit.  With my Daughter I stayed for 2 weeks to help her but re-hab will be a better option for Mom.

While we are on the subject of Idog vibes the reason I cant go spend an extended time with Mom is one of my co-workers is have Shoulder surgery on the 11th and will be out for at least 3 weeks.  If you will send  "Brenda"  some of those vibes.  Brenda offered to postpone her surgery til Mom was better but she has put off her surgery too long already and keeps trying to find reasons to put it off. 

Maybe a few IDog vibes for Ron too cause we all know how he is when I am gone, lol!

ETA: clarification

• Gold Top Dog

Sending strong healing vibes for your mom and Brenda. I hope your mom's surgery and recovery goes smoothly, and that Brenda does well too. ((( hugs ))) for you 'cause I know you're worried, and calm vibes for your DH.

• Gold Top Dog

Tons and tons of good vibes for your Mom's surgery and for Brenda's surgery too.  Vibes for Ron too because I do know how they are when we're gone.  Lost and confused and messy. lol  

• Gold Top Dog

Good vibes going out to you, Ron and your Mom !!

• Gold Top Dog

@JackieG
    I do know how they are when we're gone.  Lost and confused and messy.

Jackie, too funny (and rather true)!

Ginger, I hope all goes well for both your Mom's and Brenda's surgeries and that their recoveries are as smooth as possible.  Calming vibes to you and your Dad -- we know surgeries like these are deemed "routine," but that doesn't keep us from worrying about loved ones undergoing them! 

• Gold Top Dog

Thinking of your mom; I hope the surgery goes well on Monday.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for all the well wishes.  I mentioned in NDR last week but forgot to come here.  They rescheduled Mom's surgery for Oct. 7 ....next monday.  She was not a happy camper but they wanted a full heart workup on her before surgery.  She does not have any heart problems but she said it is cause of her age and M.S.   Keep her in your thoughts, work up is tomorrow.  You guys are the best!

• Gold Top Dog

I saw that her pre surgery tests were good.  I'll be streaming lots of vibes for her and the whole family on Monday.  Keep us posted when you can.  

• Gold Top Dog

UPDATE   10-9-13

Mom's Surgery went well and although not ideal but expected the first 24 hours were a bit rough.  I stayed with her Mon night so Dad could get some rest.  The trama to her body exaserbated her M.S.  Since the idea is to use your upper body strength to support your weight while learning to use the new parts :) , the M.S. is causing her hands and arms to not funtion properly.   She improved more and more as the day went on yesterday.  I left before they went to evening physical therapy and saw the Doc.  Dad was more encouraged as she was able to take 20 steps in therapy and the Doc has approved her transfer to a rehab facility tomorrow or Friday.  My Mom has been in and out of the hospital so many times in my lifetime and Dad has always been her main caregiver.  This time has taken a toll and he was very concerned about caring for her if she came home from the hospital without rehab so that was a load off his mind.  Thanks for all the IDog vibes, we could use some recovery and strength vibes now.

As for my co-worker Brenda, due to a family situation that developed over the last few weeks she decided to postpone her surgery.  You you have a few more she could use some strength and patience vibes with her Mom and her Grandma.

• Gold Top Dog

I've been hoping to hear that the surgery went ok.  Sorry that her MS acted up. I have a close friend with MS and understand how it can flare up with stress, etc. It's great that she was able to walk a little and I'm sure the rehab facility is the best option for everyone.  Continued vibes for her rehab and for getting home soon.  

Vibes for your co-worker and family too.  

• Gold Top Dog

Well I guess I could have saved myself some typing, lol!  Dad just called and Doc had just left.  He is so pleased by the improvement from yeaterday to today that he is thinking she will do better at home where she is comfortable.  After discussing with Dad and talking to my much improved Mom he may be right,  Jackie I know you also remember how much easier it is for caregiver and patient to be at home...I know it took a lot of stress of me when Ron is at home rather than hopital.

• Gold Top Dog

Yay for your Mom doing so well.  She probably can't wait to get home!  

• Gold Top Dog

Good news about your Mom heading home earlier than expected.  I agree that it will help her feel much more comfortable and will aid her recovery.  Sending good recovery vibes to her (and to your Dad in his caregiving role).  And since I know how hard it is to be so far away at these times, I'll send some calming vibes to you, too!

• Gold Top Dog

10/11/13 Update

Mom is home :)  She said it was a very exhausting day but she was so happy to be home.

Dad is also happy.  He has not been taking his pills properly and I keep reminding him but they have a routine with their meds and since his routine was messed so were his meds.  I totally understand that it happens at my house too.   I am glad they can start getting back to their routine.

My daughter went to pick Mom up in her car because it was easier to get in and out , they have a ramp already cause of Mom's M.S. but of course even tho they thought they had antisipated everything...they had to move some furniture around last night. 

They will not have to travel to P.T.   a Physical Therapist will come to the house 3x's a week for a while.  This is great news too. 

Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes!

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so happy to hear she's home!!!!!  Big Smile