Prayers for my Mom please (Callie

• Gold Top Dog

Prayers for my Mom please (Callie

She finally called the dr last Friday (after knowing something was seriously wrong for a week) and the dr said she should put Mom in the hospital but .. (small town SMALL medical staffing) if she did, they wouldn't have anyone look at Mom until Monday when the heart dr came back on duty ... so she sent Mom home.

But even then -- no test til Wednesday?

Prayers and good thots pretty please ... A) that they find something to treat; B) that they can treat without surgery (she's 89 -- and this last surgery was so devastating for her -- she's just too old to heal well); C) that she tolerates the test well.

Thanks so much. I feel powerless -- she will not hear of me going home. A friend said to me last time "why don't you just GO anyway?" -- because it would be beyond ugly and it would end with someone getting hurt ... likely my Dad (or me) -- she gets ... I'll just use the words "physically difficult".

so I just stay here and worry.

p>

• Gold Top Dog

Good vibes for you mom!

• Gold Top Dog
    Prayers and hugs for your mom and you.  Waiting on answers is sometimes so hard. Good thoughts.
    • Gold Top Dog

Prayers from RI for Callie's Mom.  And for Callie and her Dad; and for the white coats treating Mom too.

• Gold Top Dog

You guys SO get it -- thank you so much!!
    • Bronze
    Callie.........You and your family (((your mom))) are in my thoughts and prayers. I so hope that they find something that isn't serious and can treat it.
    • Gold Top Dog

Sending prayers your way Callie.

• Gold Top Dog

Callie, sending good thoughts and vibes to your Mom.  And sending some to you, for the stress that comes from dealing with an aging, less-than-cooperative elderly parent.  Keep us posted.

• Gold Top Dog

My prayers are with your Mom and you Callie.

• Gold Top Dog

Sending prayers for your mom, and for you; (((( hugs))))

• Gold Top Dog
    Callie - I missed this earlier but wanted to add my thoughts and prayers. Was any testing done yesterday?
    • Gold Top Dog
    Any news? Prayers and good thoughts from here for all.
    • Gold Top Dog

Mom had the stress test Wednesday.  No answers at all but she tolerated the test quite well.  (she's had them before).  The test left her with a heinous headache and she told the nurse and they gave her something for it (it's tied specifically to one of the drugs) so most of that was gone before they'd release her.

I spoke to Pa tonight -- and she had kept it from him.  He could see she was worried and yet he didn't urge her to call the dr either.  They're very old school (don't call an ambulance unless someone is dead ... *sigh*) and at this point my mother's biggest fear is that she'll get put in a nursing home ... and way way up there is also her over-worry about surgery/pacemaker (which I just don't see them doing on an 88 year old woman who'se already shown she dealt badly with surgery 2 months ago??)

But my Dad also knows that trying to "reason" with her is immediately misconstrued as "arguing" and it just ramps her way up.  

He & I had a good conversation -- so hopefully it will go well tomorrow morning.  Friday AM is when she'll find out the restults of the stress test and "what they think is wrong".

• Gold Top Dog
    continued good thoughts for your mom Callie. From what I've read or heard, having a pacemaker implanted is a relatively easy surgery. I hope she doesn't but if she does, I hope it goes smoothly.
    • Gold Top Dog

Still thinking of your Mom, Callie.  I understand that dilemma of an elderly person not being a good candidate for a surgery, yet a medical condition possibly requiring it.  We've had that situation with my MIL.  After 2 surgeries where her recovery was slow and with complications, everyone agrees (doctors, family, and MIL herself) that she will have no more surgeries.  Her latest problem is being managed with some medications and careful monitoring, but that's it.

I hope they can find out what's happening with your Mom and make her as comfortable and strong as possible.  It's good you were able to talk for a while to your Dad about everything. 

Hang in there --- the stress of these things can be overwhelming, and you need to take care of yourself, too!