Prayers for Jessie please

• Gold Top Dog
    I am so happy to see that Jessie is home she will be much happier now I am sure. Keep up the good work.
    • Gold Top Dog

Just wanted to say HOORAY !!!   and welcome home Jessie.   Its great that you have a vet who is willing to formulate a home cooked diet for her.

• Gold Top Dog

Janice....its now the 22nd of Feb..... I  am guessing that you posted someplace about Jesse, and I can't find it if you did. I am praying she is much better. I wish I know. Hugs and love to you and her.  xoxo

• Gold Top Dog

I thought I wrote here yesterday to find out if there was an update about Jessie.....but now I don't see it.       I hope Jessie is doing well..... does anyone know?

• Gold Top Dog

Dyan; Thank you so much for the kisses and hugs. I'm so sorry I didn't post sooner but we had to let Jessie go yesterday morning. I wanted to post but it was too hard. I will post on the Rainbow Bridge but there was no doubt that we had to let her go. She seemed to be stable and improving after we brought her home Tuesday afternoon but was weak and wasn't eating well. We went back for a recheck Friday morning and her kidney values were rising again; her creatine was 3 which is stage three kidney disease. Her pancreatic values were also still very high. She seemed to be doing okay (good attitude, had eaten a cup of food the day before) so they wanted to recheck her next week before trying more fluids, etc. Friday evening she was weak and lethargic and by yesterday morning she could hardly stand or walk. DH and I knew we had to let her go. We took her back to Purdue and our internist agreed that it was best . DH and I want to thank all of you for your prayers; it is a source of comfort that helps ease the pain. We would give anything to have had her longer but it was her time.

• Gold Top Dog

Janice, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  I know you were feeling encouraged by her progress and her return home.  The hardest thing to do is make the decision you and your DH made for Jessie.  Having been there myself, I know how it feels to look for signs from our beloved dogs that they're just not able or willing to rally any longer.  It was the most heartbreaking decision I've ever faced in my life.

Jessie was so lucky to have shared her life with people who were so devoted to giving her the happiest, healthiest life possible.  She was blessed with dog parents who were committed to helping her with the pancreatitis and all the management her health concerns involved.  She was truly loved, that's for sure.

Sending hugs to you.  I know the coming days and weeks will be very hard.  I hope it gives you some comfort to imagine Jessie in a better place, strong and healthy, greeting old friends and new.  She'll be watching over you now.

Run free, sweet Jessie! Wilted Flower

• Gold Top Dog
    Janice, no words can express how I felt reading this today. I am so sorry. It was good that she got to spend some time at home and that she let you know it was ok to say goodbye. My heart is breaking for you guys. Run Free Jessie! Tell all our beloved furr babies that we are well.