Prayers for my Mom please (Callie

• Gold Top Dog

calliecritturs
    They're very old school (don't call an ambulance unless someone is dead ... *sigh*) and at this point my mother's biggest fear is that she'll get put in a nursing home

My MIL was like that; she thought that you didn't go to the hospital unless you were going to die. Still praying for her, your dad, and you; ((( hugs )))

• Gold Top Dog

Just spoke with Mom --

"all tests were negative" -- she did not have a heart attack. In fact, the dr. says she has no justification to even change Mom's medicine.

She has arranged an appt for Mom to see "the heart doctor" (*sigh* small town!) on July 30 (that's the "soonest" appt).

I had to laugh -- Mom's dr says "Yeah - he's been really busy (heart dr) -- he's trying to get his son in college".

Um ... so his increased number of appts are to pay for his kid's college? I mean that's usually how it is, but not usually referred to THAT bluntly *sheesh*

I suspect she may have decided she really does need to cut back and not push herself quite so hard. She's a worker -- what an old boss of mine used to refer to as "the Puritan work ethic" -- in other words, you just keep working until it's all done, and "fun" always takes a back seat ... in fact "fun" isn't seated at all.

Thank you all SO much. It honestly really did make her feel "better" to know others were lifting her up. And I know *I* really appreciated the support.