Prozac for dogs

• Puppy

Prozac for dogs

hi I have just had to put my Jack Russell who is nearly 3 on Prozac. We are on week 5 and thank god it looks likes he is starting to settle down I am hoping to see a change in him as he is very nervous and scared of everything which resulted in him going for people and dogs

It's hard when you have a dog with issues its made me quite stressed- i feel like reaching for his Prozac lol

• Puppy

Dixie.. Glad to hear the Prozac is helping at least One of You ! :-) I just came across this article about "Whole Tones",, No , I havent tried it, but it may Help in your situation...and it certainly won't Hurt ! Best wishes to Both of You ! Rover Make Over

www.popsugar.com/.../How-Music-Can-Ease-Anxiety-Dogs-42244347

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Long walks in the country, if possible, for both of you.  Don't know where you are, but Wildlife management areas tend to be away from traffic and pretty safe to run dogs in.

• Gold Top Dog

JRT are normally hyper as heck, but it sounds like maybe you need to team up with a really good, positive reinforcement trainer.  That way you can work on the issues and get him off the meds sooner rather than leter.