Do raw fed dogs live longer?

• Gold Top Dog
    And clean air and water quality are probably pretty important, too...

I've given up relying on bloodwork and started listening to my body, and my dogs. It's worked incredibly well.

Wasn't there some study that showed raw fed dogs not having any signs of thyroid issues?? Something like that....
    • Gold Top Dog
    I agree blood work can;t you if your dog is getting all  the nutirtion he needs--but his coat, eyes, teeth, activity, etc combined with bloodwork will.  The blood work finds things that are wrong despite diet.  Bucks low thyroid was found at age 10 because of pre dental blood work.  His recent kidney infection was found thru his "geriatric physical" and bloodwork.   To me, going without the bloodwork is like reading the first  couple and last couple of items in a recipe, and going with bloodwork only is like only haveing the middle items in the recipe.  You gotta have the whole thing to make it work. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    To me, going without the bloodwork is like reading the first couple and last couple of items in a recipe, and going with bloodwork only is like only haveing the middle items in the recipe. You gotta have the whole thing to make it work.

Excellent point and well said.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Thanks for replying. I knew you had a post-graduate degree but I thought it was in genetics from when we were discussing last fall the 26 genetic indicators that separate dog from wolf and I had asked if you could determine which of those indicators would affect the GIT, etc. I think at least one or two account for the coronoidal process being different between dogs and wolves. From the shape of the mandibular hinge to the width and gap of the zygomatic arch to the thickness of the massiter muscles. Anyway, sorry to have troubled you on that.

And by the way, I do not totally disagree with you.
    • Puppy

To say that there is no nutrition in real raw food is ridiculous. To think that there is nutrition in little highly heated and processed pellets is just as silly

• Puppy

This thread is very helpful. thanks a lot!

Johnny Bohan

www.youtube.com/watch

• Bronze

I think it is right. Raw fed dogs live longer. Once I have read an article on net(sorry I forget the site name) in which it is written that  if we feed raw food to our dog it helps dogs to live longer.

Compoundia Pharmacy

www.compundiapharmacy.com