Neuture Male Dog questions.

• Bronze

Neuture Male Dog questions.

My dog is a year old after taking a few months to think over if he would be neuture or not I decided to go for it. Some of my reasons were that he's best friend (dog next door) moved away they grew up together they are the same age and everything he became very sad and droopy. I decided to fix him so that I will be able to adopt or buy him a companion (girl dog). Im also going to college in a few months and I dont want to worry about him having puppies, specially because he came from a big litter. My problem is right when I brought him home from the vet he started licking a lot. I read online that sometimes they get razor burn from being shaved prior to the surgery would that explains he's male organs being very bright red/brused looking. Would this go away or what? He also cannot walk a lot because he has to stop to lick him self. It took him a few mins to feel confarable to use the bathroom. I just want to know if this is normal I feel very awful right now very guilty 
    • Bronze
    My other question is if you have a fixed male dog and get a girl dog would she still go on heat? or would she still have to be fixed.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: xox_amoora_xox

My other question is if you have a fixed male dog and get a girl dog would she still go on heat? or would she still have to be fixed.

Hi!

Yes, even if your male is neutered, a female will still go into heat and would need to be spayed to stop the cycle.

• Bronze

For those who demand both style and substance, the Bowers & Wilkins Formation Duo speakers offer an exquisite blend of aesthetics and performance.  speakersfeed.com/best-atv-speakers