Squinting eye- NOT BETTER!

• Gold Top Dog

Squinting eye- NOT BETTER!

After going outside tonight Emi cannot keep her left eye open.  If it is open she is squinting.  I don't know if she scratched it or if there is something in there, I didn't see anything when I looked at it.  I thought it would have been better by now, but this happened a few hours ago and she is still keeping it closed.  Should I bring her to the vet tomorrow?
    • Gold Top Dog

Disarray29
    Should I bring her to the vet tomorrow? 

If it is not better by morning, I would definitely take her to the vet.  Eyes are very delicate and you don't want to take any chances with her sight.

I would give Benadryl just in case the problem was a insect bite/sting.

Benadryl - Dosage: 1-2mg/lb of body weight 2-4 times/day
    • Gold Top Dog
    So, she's still squinting this morning, but it's not as bad as last night.  I called the vet and they don't have any appointments until Monday, but I can come as a walk-in and if they have time they'll see her. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    I would rinse with sterile saline...if there's a foreign object it may come out. I usually do this the first day, three times a day and use an antibiotic opthalmic ointment I picked up at JBpet I think. If it's the same the 2nd day we go in.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Ok, we are back from the vet.  It was a horrible experience.  She bit the vet tech when she put her on the scale, I was so embarrassed!  She does have a scratch on her eye, they put dye in there and I got to see the green spot which was kinda cool.  She has some ointment and pain med. , recheck on Monday. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Sounds like what Sandy had. She had a round dot in there Vet gave us Atropine which dilated the eye and then an antibiotic. We did that for 7 days and then she was taken off them. She did heal well...tiny white speck and that's it.
    • Gold Top Dog
    At the last vet visit, the vet said her eye healed really well and to discontinue medication.  However, it is really watery all the time.  I have started back with the ointment they gave me, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  Do you think she needs to go back?
    • Gold Top Dog
    There are several homeopathy remedies for eyes.  Note sure about the spelling but Sympaticum is for bruises and such to the eyeball, THUJA is a good eye remedy., ACONITE.

I've had several dog eye injuries/problems and made a mix of 1 oz sterile water and add 4 drops EYEBRITE and 4 drops CALENDULA,,,shake and pour on a cotton ball and squeeze into the eye.  This was in addition to or after the vets eye cream used. 

I would definiety be giving extra vitiamins Vit E 400mg, C 500mg (slowly build to prevent the runs), Vit A 10,000 (every day or other day) 

• Gold Top Dog
    How is Emi's eye doing?
    • Gold Top Dog
    havn't read the previous post but has fleuroscne drops been used, or a flueroscene test strip???
    • Puppy

The answer to making your dreams a reality is out there, and all you have to do is find it fireboy and watergirl