Senior Dog - How do you travel?

• Silver

Senior Dog - How do you travel?

Can't believe my GSD is already 9 1/2 years old! I first posted on this site when I got him in 2010, time has gone by so fast.

My boy has some bad arthritis in his back and I've noticed lately that he just can't seem to get as comfortable in the car like he used to. I have a Toyota Matrix hatchback and have a back seat hammock setup. At times he'll attempt to lie down but gets up immediately and seems to be the most comfortable when sitting with his rump against the seat, nose out the window. This is fine for short local trips.

However, I take a long road trip annually and am planning to leave in a couple of weeks. Today I did a test run to see how he would do with the long-trip setup; both rear seats down with his memory foam bed in the entire back cabin. During the test run, he just couldn't get comfortable and stood on all fours the entire ride.

Wanted to hear from fellow arthritic dog owners on your car configuration / bedding setup, for your road trips.

• Puppy

I also love to travel, but the most tiresome part of traveling was flying. That's why I recently tried business class flights to the United Kingdom   voyagu.com/.../business-class-flights-to-europe-united-kingdom  And you know, I forgot for fear, the flight was so comfortable that I didn't even notice it.

• Puppy

On my trips, I most often use rented cars. It's a really good service because you can choose a car that suits your needs and capabilities. The main thing is to choose a good company, I rent a car at airports rental24.co.uk/.../dublin-airport there is a large selection of companies and good service

• Puppy

When my parents had a senior dog, they travelled with him by car, and he was calm during the trip. They taught him not to be afraid of the car, and he calmly spent the trip at the feet of my mother or in her arms

• Bronze

As long as there are melodies to be played and stories to be sung, the acoustic guitar will remain a cherished and integral part of the musical tapestry. https://theacousticguitar.com/

• Bronze

Traveling with animals can be doubly difficult, I know this from personal experience. Especially when it comes to preparing all the necessary documents. I recently took advantage of slovenia travel insurance and realized that it was the right decision internationaltravelersinsurance.com/.../slovenia This made my task much easier and made me feel more secure.