Polls & Surveys

Polls & Surveys
Afternoon Discussion - Crate or Free roaming
We hear all different sides on this one, let us know what you think!
  • 7 REPLIES
Do you board your dog?
It's such a dilemma when we go on vacation and have to leave our pets. It's best to check out kennels in your area and look into pet sitting services there are many out there so do your homework. Not all kennels and boarding facilities are bad, most offer tours and many now are cage free. Share...
  • 1 REPLY
Sleepy time....
Hello everyone, things are winding down here this evening, my dogs are settling in for the night. Where is your dogs favorite place to sleep? Do they like to be covered up? Share their sleep habits with us... My Dane, Hurley loves to be covered up and sleeps on the couch Grux, my Rottie loves to...
  • 3 REPLIES
If you were to choose a trainer.....
I'm in the process of developing my business plan as a dog trainer. The latest project has been coming up with a valid business name - one that everyday folks will actually be drawn to. It's easy when you're immersed in it like I am to lose sight of what the general public would see, so I...
  • 21 REPLIES
Paw Preference
I am condcuting an experiment to see what paw preference dogs have. Originally I had asked people to email me the results of their dogs paw preference but I had few responses so I created a website that can capture the results. Please take the time to visit my page and take the survey. My experiment...
  • 1 REPLY
What type of collar do you prefer?
What kind of collars do your pups wear? I like the strength of a buckle collar, but I had a very bad experience a few years ago that has made me a snap/safety collar user for life. I had a husky/shepherd mix and a lab/rottie mix at the time and they were rough housing in the yard while I was making breakfast...
  • 51 REPLIES
tags, tags, tags
I wouldn't think there would be too much to choose from out there, but there is!! what kind do you have?? I used to have the machine engraved ones, like you get at the local big box pet store, but I found that they end up wearing down pretty fast! the engraving isn't that deep either. It leave...
  • 24 REPLIES
Your dog(s) favourite toys/chews/treats?
What makes your dogs go gaga?! Kongs are huge in my house. We have black Kongs, Wubbas and Kong Air jacks and dumbells for when we play fetch at the lake. Kong Airs are awesome because they float in the water! Both dogs, especially Jeta, love those"Skinneez" stuffing free plush animals....
  • 16 REPLIES
We are dog people...
I'm doing a little research project on what we think is important, we dog people that is. It would be awesome if you could take the survey and share it with other dog friendly friends. I'll share the summary results right back here when the collection period concludes. http://www.surveymonkey...
  • 10 REPLIES
Do you give your dogs a heads up or no?
I'm curious. When you're going to go somewhere with your dog, like lets say the dog park. Do you go "Toby, wanna go to the dog park?" or do you just go? I used to do that with my last dog, but with Simba I haven't. I think it's actually better that I don't since he easily...
  • 14 REPLIES
What's your favorite coat color for your breed(s)?
Just curious to see what is everyone's favorites. :) I obviously don't owe a purebred but I do enjoy the reddish brown color on dogs.
  • 49 REPLIES
Male or Female?
I know some people prefer male or female over the other.... I've personally, always leaned towards males, however ALL of our dogs are female currently. Do you think there is a major difference that would/could make you choose one over the other?
  • 23 REPLIES
Pitty x or Boxer X?
This is my girl Maui. She is my mystery mutty girl and I love her more than life it's self! There is great debate over her mix. I live in Ontario Canada where there is BSL thankfully my city doen't enforce it unless there is reason to. I know her mother is a Chow/lab mix but I have never seen...
  • 3 REPLIES
Breed Poll - Research Project - What are the size of your dog's "wrists"...
Hi there! Please participate in this poll to help me out with a research project. Could you respond with: 1) the breed of your dog and 2) the size (circumference) of it's "wrist's" and "ankles" just above where the paw bends? THANKS so much!
  • 11 REPLIES
Opinions needed
So I'm gonna have a party for Simba for his birthday and since it's close to halloween...I thought maybe I'd make it a costume party as well? For the dogs and people. What are your thoughts on it? Also I had this idea where Simba would wear this: http://www.buycostumes.com/Prisoner-Dog-Pet...
  • 3 REPLIES
In a perfect world...
In a perfect world, what kind of dog toy do you wish existed? I wish there were dog toys that were not made out of rubber that my Oreo did not destory in less than a day!
  • 3 REPLIES
Tooth brushing!
I only see 4 posts in here, so hopefully this is not a recent repeat. Do you brush your dogs' teeth? If so, how often? If not, what DO you do for dental hygiene?
  • 44 REPLIES
Poll of the Day: Will you be celebrating Valentine's Day with your...
Do you celebrate Valentine's Day For Pets? ~ Yes, I love love!!! ~ Hmm. I'll probably get my pal a little something special today. ~ Nah. I'm a Valentine's Day grinch. VOTE NOW! Hurry, don't delay! To see some of the latest and hot ticket items for Valentine's Day, visit *removed...
  • 2 REPLIES
Dog Park
What are your feelings about dog parks? Do you bring your dogs? We live betweem two cities and there are two dog parks near us. One is pretty crowded and I don't really enjoy going there. There's always a feeling of potential lack of control or something. The other one is very large and never...
  • 29 REPLIES
What do you use for fleas and ticks
Just wondering what the best and safest methods are
  • 25 REPLIES