Do you put dress up your dog?

• Gold Top Dog

Do you put dress up your dog?

Tell us about how you do or don't dress up your dog...add pictures if you have em!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Here is Giz in her rain jacket and cap. This is the first time I put them on her so it took her a while to adjust to them. Now she wear them like they aren't even there.

Mostly she just wears a bandana, I have about 20 differnt designes of them so she gets a differentt one everyday.

• Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog
    Wow, even my nails have never looked as nice as your dogs nails. I don't think Gizzy would even let me hold her paw long enough for something like that and then to let it dry... I'm so impressed!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Brown and Grey have raincoats, which come in handy because I have to take them to the bathroom on a leash. So by the time we do all that and come back in, they're soaked without raincoats.
    • Gold Top Dog
    We have sweaters for our little one and jackets and coats for our Dane.We live in northern nY and the winters here are VERY cold.Sub-zero most days.Some of them just cant take the cold as well as others.We do try to keep it functional as well as fashionable! By the way,im coming over to get my nails done!!!
    • Bronze
    Jake wouldn't even keep a hat on.  We have never tried a bandana. Maybe I'll get one for him to have when we go on vacation.  Those toenails are absolutely adorable.  I mess my own up trying to wait for them to dry, let alone a dog. LOL
    • Gold Top Dog
    I don't dress Sequouyah or Dancer - that's way too undignified for farm dogs LOL.  But, my hound occasionally gets a fancy bandana (cowboy appropriate, of course).  Sioux is the diva - she dresses up for her therapy visits, and is a real girl's girl, aside from being competent on teeters and tires.  She will wear anything and lets all the old ladies fuss over her ad infinitum.  Last visit, since it was so hot, all she wore (scandalous, I know) was a fancy purple sequined collar and burgundy nail polish (not as fancy as the gals pictured above...) with a little "fairy dust" sprinkled on.  And, of course, her very own coat, which is quite lush indeed.
    Fergie is the only other dog that "dresses", mainly to keep her warm in the winter, but she does seem to feel more "worldly" in her Harley Davidson leather jacket.
    I do think you have to know your own dog, and dress only the ones who like it, to keep from embarrassing them (tongue in cheek). [sm=blush.gif]
    • Gold Top Dog
    She has quite a few coats and hats, no dresses though.[:D]

• Gold Top Dog
    Ha Crusher's not even happy that Onyx has a collar.  I cant imagine either one of them leaving clothes on for long.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I dress Dakota up every now and then for a photo or an event.  At a Walk Your Paws event last year, I was Minnie Mouse and Dakota was Mickey.  (I'm a teacher, so I already had the outfit.)  I like to cheer people up, and for some people, only a dog in a dumb outfit will do.  Dakota's Dogster web site has more costumes:  [linkhttp://www.dogster.com/?178294]http://www.dogster.com/?178294[/link] .  One lady at work actually laughed when I showed her Dakota's Santa picture.  She then asked for a copy.  Another lady, who was going through breast cancer treatment, loved Dakota's Yoda outfit so much that I gave her a ;picture with this message at the bottom:  May the Force be with you!!![;)]  She still has that picture right behind her desk and always shows the picture to any visitors. 

Admit it - the Yoda picture looks so dumb that you can't help but at least smile!![:D]

• Gold Top Dog
    I meant to ask you, Meilani, if you were a professional.  Surely you are!!!  Those nails are amazing!!  How long does the polish stay (and look nice) on a dog's nails?  Don't worry -  Dakota's a "he," so he's safe![:D]
    • Silver
    I don't have a picture but we have a cap and horns from my dog tyson. Because he is the devil and it just shows his true side. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: bamaeskie

I meant to ask you, Meilani, if you were a professional.  Surely you are!!!  Those nails are amazing!!  How long does the polish stay (and look nice) on a dog's nails?  Don't worry -  Dakota's a "he," so he's safe![:D]

No, I'm not a professional. I've  been painting my own nails since I was 9 and thought I'd paint Souffle's nails one day. Since he just lays there and naps while I do them, I started doing intricate designs or we'd both have matching manicures. Now that Shelby is a bit older, she allows me to paint her nails as well. The polish usually lasts a while.. over a few weeks or so. And it doesn't matter if you have a boy, Souffle's a boy too. We call him the "Metrosexual" LOL!!! [:D]
    • Puppy
    Poor dogs [:(]