Our sweet Jessie is gone; October 1998- February 22, 2014.

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

Thank you so much Tracy.

• Gold Top Dog

I am so late reading this.    I am so sorry for your loss.   I know how hard it is.  I promise that in time you'll remember all the good and nothing of the bad.

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you so much Joanne. It's harder to find the new posts since the forum has been changed; I have been late responding to threads too. I'm doing better; still crying a little everyday but not as much. I know that we were very lucky to have her as long as we did. The internist that treated her at Purdue asked for a picture of her. Going through her pictures to find one for him brought back some great memories such as her riding in our canoe and our jon boat, her and the grandchildren riding in a wagon pulled by horses, feeding her an ice cream cone at our favorite ice cream place. I hope Prancer is doing better and isn't having diarrhea anymore.

• Gold Top Dog

Janice I'm just seeing this.  Oh my heart hurts for you.  It was 3 years ago tonight I lost Billy -- the common bond (me helping people b/c of what Billy went thru and you helping people b/c of what Jessie went thru)  -- my heart just plain stopped when I read this,  There just aren't words.  *hugs*

• Gold Top Dog

I have not been here for a while and like to hae never found my way around tonight.  so I did not know you baby girl was at the Bridge.  I am so very, very sorry.  I know you have a huge hole in your heart right now.  Send "thought ear scratches" to your sweet girl, and hugs to you.

• Gold Top Dog

OMG Janice.  My heart fell to my gut when I read the post.  :(  LOTS of hugs to you.  

I takes such a long time to get over a loss like this and for some it holds for a lifetime.  I still tear up at times when I think of Tessy and Sadie and how my life has changed since they've been gone.  They certainly take a huge piece of the heart with them when they cross.  That's their connection to us though.  It's how they keep a piece of us until we get that chance again, the time to hold and cuddle, scratch their ears, rub their bellies.

Jessie couldn't have asked for a better mom or a better life that what you gave her!  She was surely blessed!

Lots of love being sent out to you!

Johnny