Survey

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Survey

I wonder if there's discussion on FB about this....  Karen?
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I haven't seen anything posted there - I thought about bringing it to their attention but since Janice is over there often she has likely mentioned it.

My liberal bias has me on the outside with that crew lol

• Gold Top Dog
    Haha! I can't even play a right wing bigot on TV :) I've not been allowed and since I blocked a few, unfriended others, I think I'm ok with it. Their forum failed didn't it? Or has it managed to limp along? Will be interesting to see if they come back after the change.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I haven't looked at their forum in months - I can't even recall what the URL was.

HOORAY for liberals!!!  (although, honestly, I think I'm more libertarian, myself.  My mother refers to me as a Democrat with disdain - she's a FAUX-News watcher.)

Aaanyway.  Part of me thinks there are lemmings who could open their mouths to spout info in the survey that could be useful.  I think of those who left because they were dissatisfied with the function of the forum and followed others leaving *just because* they wanted to be cool kids.

I think, if you're looking for improvements, you can learn more from your critics than your "friends".

That being said, I do not relish the idea of upsetting the applecart too much with aggressive folks.  I think members are comfortable with the placid nature of anonymity here.  If it became dramatic and irritating and rude and nasty again, our jobs as moderators will be like what Lani and Kate went through years ago.  Aaaacck!

I suppose having a facebook link/dynamic could halt some of those nasty types, since their "friends" would know whom they "really are."  Others would just create new cloaked personas.  Oh, the sociopaths of online dogdom!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh, for the love, Glenda has said at least 3-4 times that she thinks the fact she's not getting notifications is due to the forum changes.  JEEZUZ CHRIST, get a grip!  Nothing has changed yet - this is glitchy crappy software on a server with less-than-stellar maintenance protocols.  Nothing new.  Oye.