I really want to be deleted

• Gold Top Dog

I really want to be deleted

I have looked all over and cant find how to do this. I am having problems with a stalker and want any and all personal information removed. i hear the lame excuse that it would mess up threads and information.... so what. i could just go through each of my threads and delete my comments one by one but it would SAFER and FASTER to just remove me. I am ready to take extreme measures that will result in getting me banned because no one has replied to me yet on this topic in personal messages. i DONT want to do anything extreme but my family's safety is at stake. I will do what ever is necessary.
    Its no offense to the forum or anyone in it. i just need to remove this account or at least have everything i've contributed removed. every time i type  my name in google this forum shows up.

• Gold Top Dog

If I were you I would delete out any and all pictures you've uploaded, and then go ahead and go to your posts and edit them and delete whatever out of it. 

Even if they "ban" you it won't remove you (you can go back and find posts of people who have been banned). 

I'm so sorry you've been harassed -- I *have* been stalked before and to be perfectly honest, you can trust ***yourself*** to protect yourself, so just go to any/all posts and delete them.  (in other words -- if YOU do it you will know what info is there and what is NOT there, and I highly doubt they can fully delete anything massively -- I doubt it's possible and all the mods are merely volunteers)

There also exists the posts before the forum changed 5 years ago?  And I think you were active back then? 

I'm honestly not sure they *can* delete you. 

At the very least you will likely want to change your 'nickname' online.  I'm not being glib -- "callie" is no part of my own 'real' name and that all grew out of the fact that I had to ditch an ex who stalked me online & in real life.  It's not fair -- when it's a name that has been "yours" for ages, but you can't replace "you" and you CAN change' your online personna. 

Just make sure you delete any email stuff out of your profile, and deactivate that account. 

In fact, I"m pretty sure if you ASK the moderators they will "deactivate" you (which is what happens when you are banned) but that is NOT going to remove anything you've posted.  I just went back and checked -- I can still see banned people who are "friends" and their name/pic shows up but if I click on them it says they are deactivated.  So I doubt highly that you can be "deleted" in any way -- that just doesn't happen.  But you can make yourself un-contactable, and dry up all the lose ends. 

You shouldn't need to delete "all" your posts-- only ones that refer to family and personal information

Feel free to email me if you want -- like I said, I *have* dealt with this before and I truly "get" what that sort of anguish and anger is, and I know the steps I took then (and STILL do).

My email is in my signature -- if you want to know the stuff I did to get rid of the jerk let me know.  I was pretty danged successful.  There are certain things, like having your mail come to the mailbox down at the road that can make it incredibly easy to "keep track of you".  grrrrrr

• Gold Top Dog

if only there were a way to make it so that members only could see your replies. stinkin information highway Super Angry

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

All you need to do is contact a Moderator, or use the link to contact an admin.  Feel free to PM me here.  Your content will stay out here, but it won't have your username associated to it.

DumDog
    no one has replied to me yet on this topic in personal messages.

<<--- I never got a PM from you, so I don't know who you sent yours to.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

no PM here either

• Gold Top Dog

What they are saying is DON'T contact Dog.com -- you won't get anywhere.  But sending a personal message to a moderator (like those two above) should get you help.

• Gold Top Dog
    and info will be cached online for awhile too, with your name attached. Bummer you are having stalker issues too, stay safe.
    • Gold Top Dog

I tried sending a message via email first, which was pointless as Callie pointed out. And like Gina said, things i have deleted from other areas are still popping up in search results (just enough information) but once you click on it the results are dead. I dont know how long that info stays. Google has some method of slowly systematically updating things(something to do with spiders?) and of course other accounts i have deactivated are hoping people will change their minds so they make you wait thirty days before actually removing anything at all Hmm

Thanks for the help everyone, I THINK i have it under control now but i'm still jumpy.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

rwbeagles
    and info will be cached online for awhile too, with your name attached. Bummer you are having stalker issues too, stay safe.

Gina, you just said exactly what I said in PM to her.  There are also social media engines that hold onto stuff even longer than google/bing/ask.com type search engines.

• Gold Top Dog

I hadn't gotten a message either.  But, we can try to help out... just as everyone is saying, sometimes it's not that simple.  Good advice, in general, never post information you don't want to remain in cyberspace forever.  Hope things work out for you Dumdog.