Sweet 12 year old Doggie needs a backyard

• Puppy

Sweet 12 year old Doggie needs a backyard

We have a new baby on the way, live in a small apt and it's impossible to have both the baby and Tasha, our ridgeback/lab mix who needs space to run and play. Also, Tasha doesn't get along with new dogs and there are a lot here in our building. We are running out of ideas. Please help. If you know of anyone who has room let me know. I will even pay for food for the first 6 months. Tasha is super sweet, gentle and a ton of personality. She is great with new people. But she has a hard time with new dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog

Aaron -- remember, this is a worldwide public forum.  No one has the smallest clue where you are located!    You could be anywhere from Europe to somewhere in the US or anywhere else.  

But please -- consider the fact that you took on the responsibility for Tasha. when you haven't even faced the situation yet.   Planning time to take her for some exercise should be part of your current schedule --

Sorry -- I just find it really unfair that a dog who has been a faithful friend and companion is all of a sudden displaced because of a baby.  Training can work wonders and new babies need walks and outdoors time too.  But please don't just assume that you have to get rid of the dog because a baby is on the way.  

• Gold Top Dog

I'm also going to say -- it's going to be very difficult to place a 12 year old dog -- a dog who really doesn't need as much exercise as a younger dog would.  Give her a chance!