My favorite little shelter :)

• Gold Top Dog

My favorite little shelter :)

I work in a little town even though I live in a big city.  This shelter has come so far in the last few years.  The gal in this video is a sweetheart.  She's the only full time employee and works her butt off for the animals.  I've found several dogs over the years and turned them in to this shelter. Some of you may remember the little Chinese Crested I found not too long ago.  Previously they had only five days to be claimed or adopted.  I got Belle from this shelter on the day she was supposed to be euthed.  Now thanks to this gal, very few animals are euthed.  It goes to show that even one person can make a difference. :)   She fought hard for funds to build a new shelter and change their antiquated policies.  She's my hero and I don't say that very often. :)  

mypawsinthepark.com  

• Gold Top Dog
    Nice story - thanks for sharing, Jackie. You're right, one person can make a difference. Yes
    • Gold Top Dog

Great story.  I want to wish her luck with Paws in the Park.

• Gold Top Dog

Today was the fundraiser and from what I saw and heard it was very successful.  Lots of people and dogs.  They auctioned off some custom built doghouses.  They were really incredible.  I walked away for a few minutes during the auction and the next thing I knew Twister had bid on this one and won. Surprise 

• Gold Top Dog

omg that is the cutest picture ever Jackie!!! What a lucky dog. That's a great dog house and a perfect fit for him.

• Gold Top Dog

OMG!  So did you take it home for him?

Cause that is adorable!!

• Gold Top Dog
    That is an amazing doghouse!  It looks of better quality than some "people houses" I've seen!   No wonder he bid on -- he knows a good thing when he sees it.  He'll be wanting to host parties so he can hang out on the front porch with some canine friends!  Such a cute photo. 
    • Gold Top Dog

All he dog houses were amazing and this one is built better than our house. lol  They were built by different home builders and all the time and materials were donated. :)  All proceeds from the auction went to the shelter.  The picture is deceptive. :) It took six strong young guys to load it in our truck.  We had to get some neighbors to help us unload it.  It's three feet wide, four feet at the peak of the roof and a little over five feet long.  We had to take our gate off to get it in the backyard. It's big enough inside for Rex and Belle with room to spare. lol  All the dogs checked it out but Twister has no intention of spending even a few minutes in it. Rex loves to lay in a crate that we kept on the back porch and he has claimed the mammoth dog house as his very own mansion. lol  He made it clear he doesn't intend to sleep in it at night though. 

• Gold Top Dog

Woohoo!  Yea for the new mansion! 

ETA: Hey Jackie if it has AC , can I send Ron to live with Rex????  Wink

• Gold Top Dog

shadowsgin
    Hey Jackie if it has AC , can I send Ron to live with Rex????  Wink

LOL, he'll have to share with Charles. One of the dog houses had a mister system and an automatic dog waterer on the deck of the dog house.  That one also had ridge vent roofing system with Tyvek insulation in the walls.  Those home builders were really showing off their skills. :)  The funniest thing was that every person who bought one of these dog houses said their dogs won't actually use them much. lol  

• Gold Top Dog

JackieG
    Rex loves to lay in a crate that we kept on the back porch and he has claimed the mammoth dog house as his very own mansion. 

Oh, well now I've got to see a photo of Rex lounging in it.  I'm imagining his head just peeking out of the door.  And if Twister were sitting on the porch at the same time, that would be PERFECT!

That sounds like a huge doghouse -- what a cool idea for auction items!

• Gold Top Dog

tacran
    well now I've got to see a photo of Rex lounging in it

Here he is but getting Twister to cooperate wasn't happening. lol  

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks!  Another great photo! 

Am I being silly, imagining a small flag waving from the doorframe on July 4th, a pumpkin on the porch at Halloween, and some Christmas lights along the roof line in December?  Who says dogs can't show a little House Pride or Martha Stewart skills?  Stick out tongue