Tiny Paws Rescue

• Silver

Tiny Paws Rescue

Did anyone hear on the news about this rescue? On the news last night 9/30/10 there was a story about Tiny Paws rescue. I googled the name and found a Tiny Paws in a lot of states ,also a lot of people with sad stories. It is so sad when we cant even trust the rescues. I think it was a puppy mill disguised as a rescue, from and the variety of puppies they had on petfinders. I suppose we need to question them as much as they question us as rescuers. WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ore. - It was a trustworthy-looking website that promised local puppies in need of good homes but some of those dogs have came down with potentially deadly diseases. For several years a group going by the name Tiny Paws Puppy Rescue has been selling puppies. By its own count it has sold nearly 200 animals, bringing in tens of thousands of dollars. Joshua Reynolds’ puppy, Moxie, was gravely ill just weeks ago and was diagnosed with parvo, which came with a $2,400 vet bill. “We were expecting something that was going to be another member of our family and healthy and she was deathly ill,” said Reynolds. He got his dog through the now defunct website Tiny Paws Puppy Rescue based in Washington County. It describes itself as “a small all-volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue of lost, abandoned, surrendered, sick, abused and relinquished animals.” It also says “Tiny Paws Puppy Rescue is 501(c)3 nonprofit” founded in 2001. But IRS records say that’s not true. The nonprofit application wasn’t filed until this past July. Tiny Paws lists pets for sale on Petfinder.com at $350 and $400 each, saying some were provided to them after being “seized from a breeder in Portland,” a “breeder bust in Longview … or in Clackamas” as well as pugs “taken from a breeder bust in Washington County.” But Washington County Animal Services’ officials dispute that. “I can tell you we’ve never had any kind of pug puppies in any kind of seizure in Washington County,” said Debbie Wood. “And if we had two adorable eight-week pug puppies, we wouldn’t have turned them over to an organization that we’ve never heard of, to sell to people without spaying or neutering them.” A check with each county found the same thing: Tiny Paws is lying. Tiny Paws says it “currently doesn’t have a shelter” so it meets potential buyers in a Beaverton park. That’s where a KATU News producer, John, met Brenay Randolph of Tiny Paws to look at a Pomeranian mix puppy. A KATU News reporter approached and asked where Brenay, who calls herself Bre, was getting her dogs. “It depends. I get a couple dogs from owner surrender, so people call us when they need help,” said responded. She also said she get many of the dogs from people advertising puppy litters on Craigslist. Under continuous questioning about her claims of getting the dogs from Washington County, Bre said, “I just took the rescue over, so you’re going to have to go interview Shari Wiklander. (She) used to own the rescue, I just took it over. I just put my application in for the business registration.” She also said she’s just been a low-level volunteer. Petfinder.com said a “Dr. Cherri Wiklander” wrote a letter of recommendation for Tiny Paws application to be on the website. Bre tried to call Wiklander but said, ‘She’s not answering,’ and the phone number is disconnected. As search for a Shari Wiklander under either spelling, revealed that her name doesn’t appear in any public records. Additionally, the PetFinder.com application was submitted three years ago by a Bre Mata Has. According to public records, Bre Randolph shared addresses with several people with the last name of Mata. Furthermore, a Dr. Sara Shelti, who’s also listed on Tiny Paws’ website and documents, doesn’t seem to exist either, according to state veterinary records. It all has left Joshua Reynolds wondering if Bre made up or morphed all the names and whether his puppy was ever vaccinated. Bre said she can’t pay Reynolds’ vet cost, “but they do sign a contract saying they can pay for the medical expenses.” Within a matter of days of KATU’s questioning Bre Randolph took the Tiny Paws Puppy Rescue website down. PetFinder.com suspended Tiny Paws’ account based on KATU’s investigation. “What I worry about - because of your hard work she’s been found out - but what happens if she goes to Seattle or Los Angeles, or wherever she goes next and starts the whole thing all over again?” said Wood, the Washington County Animal Services official. Washington County Animal Services tracked Tiny Paws’ sales of 111 puppies just over the last four months and figure Bre’s brought in about $40,000. If the number is used that was posted on Tiny Paws’ website: 189, that’s more like $70,000.
    • Gold Top Dog

Pretty common, sadly. There's a NOTORIOUS one in LA that specializes in Giant breeds. The stories that come out of there....but they just keep on keepin' on. Plenty of people on CL do that as a "job", getting free small breeds and reselling them to people as "rescues" without doing a thing for the dog...as far as vet checks or grooming or anything!

• Gold Top Dog

Two things that greedy people count on.  People with big hearts and not a lot of knowledge. 

• Bronze

Measure the width, height, and depth of the designated space to ensure a proper fit. Keep in mind that built-in models often come in various sizes, so choose one that matches your kitchen's dimensions. refrigeratorshouse.com/best-counter-depth-french-door-refrigerator