Obama's new dog

• Gold Top Dog

Benedict
    He made good on a promise to his daughters, which IMHO matters more than anything he may have said to the nation regarding how he would procure a dog. 

This is above all, the most important promise!  I think its great that the kids have a puppy to share their love and keep them company when Mommy and Daddy arent home!

• Gold Top Dog

congrats to the Obama family! Getting a new addition to the family is always exciting!

• Gold Top Dog

I think the only important thing about where the dog came from is that he didn't come from a pet store in the mall. Rescue or responsible breeder, it really doesn't matter.

Joyce

• Gold Top Dog

I heard on the news this morning that because of the big rescue uproar about the Obamas not getting a shelter dog, they donated a big chunk of money to the Human Society of Washington DC. That's a plus, right? (If it's actually true that is) 

• Gold Top Dog

thedoc617

I heard on the news this morning that because of the big rescue uproar about the Obamas not getting a shelter dog, they donated a big chunk of money to the Human Society of Washington DC. That's a plus, right? (If it's actually true that is) 

I think that was excellent decision on their part and I'm betting the info is accurate.

• Gold Top Dog

Well, if I wasn't in love with him before, I am now after seeing the pictures of him running in the White House with Bo. 

• Gold Top Dog

jdata
    I believe the breeder is up here in Erie. It was on the news tonight. One of the dogs in the clip looks familiar to a dog that does agility at the center. I think we have 4 pwds that do it

The dog's sire lives in Erie but the breeders are from TX.

I wish them well with their new pup and think they made a great choice! They set a good example for responsible pet ownership by waiting until the time was right to get a dog, researching breeds, going to a reputable breeder and making sure the puppy got early training.