Hourly Wage for Petco/PetSmart Dog Trainers?

• Gold Top Dog
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I have worked at Petsmart also.  I worked in the grooming salon.  So, Pet Services in both stores.  I don't know that I really prefer one over the other.  I would definitely prefer to be working at a mom and pop store like I did for 3 years in between, but I had to take the opportunity.  I don't really like how big stores treat their employees as disposable.  I think it really depends on the manager though.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Would that "non-compete clause" still be in effect even after you leave PetCo?

I don't know about Petco, but the Petsmart near me held you to it for six months after termination of employment.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: spiritdogs

Would that "non-compete clause" still be in effect even after you leave PetCo?

I don't know about Petco, but the Petsmart near me held you to it for six months after termination of employment.

Interesting.  Well as it turns out, PetCo finally called me today to interview me.  Little too late though, I might be working as a Limo Driver making $23 an hour.  I'm just waiting to get my app back and then get a background check and I can start.

Would you do?  Work as a limo driver for $23 an hour, self contractor for a company... or would you work at PetCo for $10/hr or perhaps less? Career wise probably PetCo would be better.  But I dunno... I learn a lot from the shelter, and I can observe their classes which are the same thing.