Do you carry water on walks for your dog?

• Gold Top Dog

Rory usually carries all my stuff and water for her and Primo.

Then again it never really gets too hot here and I cant say I'd ask her to carry a pack if we were in extreme hot weather. I have a camel pack I'd probably use and I do use for hiking when I dont think Rory needs a extra load. Its so much slimmer and cooler then a regular back pack. My friend uses a small messenger type biking bag that isnt to large but fits her keys, water, and collapsable bowl.

• Gold Top Dog

Yup I carry water.  Granted I don't go far with Ari right now.  I HATE carrying anything in my hands so I just stick a small bottle in my pockets or I do have a water bladder that I can carry as a backpack.  When Ari gets older I am interested in a setup much like Rory carries!   

• Gold Top Dog

I have a funky little bottle like for rabbits that I carry.  The top is the important part and will fit on quite a few types of bottles.  So the dogs can lick away and drink what they please.  It has a carry strap and a clip so you can attach it to your belt or around your wrist. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

willowchow

At Petsmart I saw this water bottle shaped just like the Poland Spring bottles with the sport cap and it has a little pan type dish that attached to it.  And, it has a clip to clip onto your belt loop.  I tried to post a link with a picture but it wouldn't let me.  It's call the Handi drink.

I have this.  It gets heavy to clip to you and it leaks sometimes.

Now, I use a Cool Pooch water bottle.  The dogs and I can share it.  There's a cup on the top and the straw lets water into it for the dogs and you can drink through the straw (the dog slobber is not in the bottle).  They have it at REI.  You can google it online.  Also, the web site is www.coolpooch.com.  I have a holder for it so it is hands free.  All the people I walk/hike with have it now.

• Gold Top Dog

Sue and Buddy

In the heat, I do carry water for Buddy.  My friend gave me this bottle when I first got Buddy.  She never used it for her dog.

Sorry, I'm having problems with photobucket tonight. 

Both people and dogs can drink out of it.  The straw bends and you squeeze the bottle to fill the bowl. 

Sue

That is what I was referring to in my post.  It is great!

• Gold Top Dog

If we are going hiking I'll put a few large Poland Spring bottles in a backpack to take for myself and the pups.  They know how to drink out of a water bottle.