fire ant bite relief??

• Gold Top Dog
    Wait!!!!!  You have a HOT neighbor?  Can I come visit?
    • Gold Top Dog
    actually, both my neighbor and his wife are extremely attactive people, if you get down with the "union man pipe-fitter"... which i DO.  the wife is just plain smokin.  too bad they're movin out!!![>:]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Well that's disappointing.  I hate it when HOT guys have even hotter wives.[&o]
    • Gold Top Dog
    awww.. well there ain't no harm in enjoying the view, anyway?  right? 

they're hotter than a fire ant bite in june[sm=biggrin.gif], just to keep it on topic!! LOL
    • Gold Top Dog
    Callie is dead on absolutely right.  Pop those babies and amonia.  Stinks like heck but is very effective.  And shoes only protect you a little....those nasty babies will swarm right up your legs, so you really have to be vigilent during the hot months.
    • Bronze

The fire ants.  They are truly horrid.  Have no advice about the bites.  You got a lot of good responses from people who know more.  Even after working three winters in FL, I can fortunately say that I have not been bitten by the horrid ants.  I will never move to FL because of them.  Other southern states are out because of them too.  I HATE them!!!

I used to drive carriages when I worked in FL.  My most happy times were running the right wheels directly over the fire ant mounds while out driving the horses.  Ooooooh, would that make them angry!!!  I did not care.  I loved driving them nuts!  They deserved any and all irritation I caused them.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

This thread got dredged up by someone who wants to post nonsense - that post is deleted.  Just be aware this thread is almost 4 years old.

• Gold Top Dog

miranadobe
    This thread got dredged up by someone who wants to post nonsense - that post is deleted.

LOL, I noticed the date yesterday and also saw the troll's post.  I must admit I was disappointed to see the troll post deleted because I was thinking up a really funny rejoinder.  Wink 

Since I'm here posting, I'll add my two cents of advice on treating fire ant bites.  Having lived in fire ant country all my life, I've found the best relief is to put straight white vinegar on the bites as soon as possible.  It relieves the burn and itch of the bite and prevents it from forming a pimple. 

• Gold Top Dog

Paige I am glad you caught that :)  You are on the ball!