How soon did you bathe your dog after being spayed or neutered?

• Gold Top Dog

How soon did you bathe your dog after being spayed or neutered?

Bonnie was spayed on May l4th using laser surgery, she is healed nicely, can hardly see it already.  I was wondering when she can be bathed?  I do have an appointment with the groomer on June 10th to be bathed and groomed.  Think I'll wait till then.

• Gold Top Dog

Hehe, I don't think either of my dogs have been bathed yet...they got fixed in November.  Yay for huskies.  But I would think that as long as there is no open wound, the only concern would be how stressful it is on her.  If she hates being bathed and fights the whole process she might harm herself, but if its a calm relaxing thing for her, there shouldn't be any problem.

• Gold Top Dog

I would wait about two weeks, or until the wound is no longer open.  If you can't stand the dog's smell, there are waterless shampoos that can take the edge off till you get to the groomer.

• Gold Top Dog

The vet told me 2 weeks, but I waited about a month until I bathed my dog after surgery. 

• Gold Top Dog

Emma had parvo. She smelled like death. I bathed her the day the sutures came out.

She should be very safe on June 10.

• Gold Top Dog

It's mainly a matter of a dog having stitches or a not fully  healed wound. Two weeks is a safe bet usually, some are fully healed a wee bit sooner

• Gold Top Dog

I know I couldn't give Browie or Cuddles a bath for a few days. There are these wipes especially for bathing pets without water or shampoo. Look into that online or call your local pet store.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks to all.  She isn't actually dirty, *S* I wash he feet off after our walks.  She will be groomed on the l0th of June, and I have been using wipes on her so I shall skip the bath, although she is good for her baths, until she gets groomed.  Just was curious.  She had no stitches to be taken out as she had laser surgery, stiches were only inside.

• Gold Top Dog

10-14 days is usually fine