Dog's breed from movie "The Mask"?

• Puppy

Dog's breed from movie "The Mask"?

Hi there! I'm thinking to get myself a man's best friend. I know which dog I would like to but I can't find it's kind. Does someone knows what was the breed of the dog from the movie with Jim carrey "THE MASK" (1994). His name was Mylo. Thanks!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Jack Russell Terrier is what that dog is.

Go to [linkhttp://www.AKC.org]www.AKC.org[/link] and look them up to read all about them and what temperment they have.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Actually, the AKC no longer recognizes the Jack Russell Terrier. They have Parson Russell Terriers. The Jack Russell Terrier Club of America and the AKC had a big deal, a while back. Basically, the JRTCA (terrier.com) wants to preserve the working history of the JRT and the AKC wants a pretty show dog. Terrier.com is a fabulous resource for possible JRT owners.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I ditto what Jennie said.  It may be a good idea to spend some time with some JRT before you make up your mind if you would like one for yourself.  The dog in the movie is usually not the dog you will bring home [:D] Don't get me wrong, I love Dasher and would not trade him for anything, but he can be quite a handful at times and I can see where he might not be the best dog for many people.  They really are "big dogs" in little dog bodies.  [;)]  
    • Gold Top Dog
    Definitely. A properly fed, well trained JRT is a wonderful dog, and lots of fun to be around.

A JRT eating a corn based kibble, with little to no training, is so hyper it never stops moving.

My JRT, Emma, has been a hugely hard dog to deal with, in so many ways. I love her more than anything, and I'd do anything for her. She's incredibly good. She's sweet, she's obedient, she's cuter than most anything else. She's a great dog. She was a *horrible* puppy. I struggled so much to gain control  of her. I finally stumbled across a clicker, and was told about positive reinforcement training, and her issues almost completely resolved. She's a VERY  good dog, but it was a long time coming. She's hard headed, and she never stops. She's full of energy and spunk, and keeps me entertained, constantly. She's incredible with other dogs, but she can't be around kids, at all.

Of course, every dog is different, but.... JRT are very intense dogs. You don't really know how their personality and drive will be, until they're about a year and a half to two years old. They really are great dogs, but only if you're willing to devote a lot of time and energy to training them and keeping them entertained.