Can a Breeder spay/neuter before selling you the puppy?

• Puppy

Can a Breeder spay/neuter before selling you the puppy?

I was curious, shelters spay and neuter puppies as young as 8 weeks before they're adopted out, but veterinarians advise against it due to health risks. My question is, if shelters do it could a breeder also sell you an 8 week old puppy that has already been altered upon your agreement to but the puppy as a "pet"? Wouldn't this enable the breeders to ensure their puppies don't end up in a puppy mill or a back yard breeder? As far as contracts go know they are legally binding and it is a big deal if that contract is broken, but how do breeders keep track of if you've broken your contract? I am just curious. 

• Gold Top Dog

Especially in larger breeds, it is not advisable to alter a dog that young.  What many breeders will do is to collect a refundable spay/neuter deposit at the time of placement.  They then either send that directly to the vet preforming the surgery or back to the new owners after proof of surgery is provided.  Unfortunately, violating the contract is really not a big deal, and almost impossible for a breeder to enforce.

• Puppy

Thank you, that cleared things up.