Chat for Month of March 2015

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, good thoughts streaming for Rocky. (((Hugs)))

Kate, I'm sorry you are at this phase with your Dad, but it sounds like he is in good hands.

Doug, 70 degrees? Really? Is that heading my way?

Tracy, glad you had a good trip. I'm with you on art. If some of that is art, then my home is filled with masterpieces.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for all the good vibe and thoughts ... he is out of surgery the news is not good I am afraid.  they remove 2 tumors and lymph nodes.  They are sending the biopsy off but the Dr. said she didn't  like the looks of it.  It was very difficult surgery.  We got to see him but he was still very groggy.  They will keep him tonight and let us go get him tomorrow.   They will send meds home and we'll wait for the  tests.   I know you guys are with us, Idog vibes are very strong so thank you

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I just logged in to see if you posted an update.  I'm so sorry to hear that the vet didn't have better news after getting a look at the masses.  Sending continued strong vibes to you and Ron, as well as good healing thoughts for Rocky tonight.  I know you will feel better when he his home with you again tomorrow.   I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sudden increase in air temps in MN usually lead to storms.  Sever thunderstorms predicted for April 1.  That means noise, bright lights, high winds, and possibly large hail.  But that will be followed by green.  Going to start up the chain saw and trim out some hedge today.

Doors and shelves are in, the kitchen is functional.  Light, bright, open.  Now to install a few new lamps and final trim work.  Then wife can sign a check.  This is being financed through an inheritance from wifes' mother.  I may have to make a memorial plaque.

It was warm enough yesterday in the WMA that Sky slowed down from the heat.  May have to start carrying water. A guy was working his lab on water retrieves.  Really cold water, but labs don't care. Sky watched, wanted to go play, but stayed under voice control.  He amazes me at times.

• Gold Top Dog

It snowed here last night. Supposed to b 60 degrees tomorrow. Then back down in the 40s by the weekend. Ugh.

Continued thoughts for Rocky.  ((((Ginger))))

• Gold Top Dog

Sending tons of healing vibes for Rock. I know you both must be so worried. (((Ginger and Ron)))

We had some snow flakes here yesterday, and we're going to get more tonight. But, I don't think there will be enough to shovel or sweep.

Dad had a major reaction between his diabetes meds and an antibiotic yesterday--his blood sugar totally tanked twice (very scary), so he gets to spend a couple days in the hospital. (The folks at his facility were right on it and got him to the hospital very quickly.) He wanted to know where his "blue book" was--I was thrilled he asked for it, because that's a notebook we use to help him remember what he did each day, the visitors he had, etc. I asked him if he wanted some paper, and he said, no, he wanted his book because it helped him keep track of things. Success!  So, while I was visiting him in the hospital this afternoon, my Mom was in the ER--allergic reaction (she has a serious nut allergy). She'll be discharged in a bit and will be home tomorrow. (A friend is with her.)  Apparently, we're keeping the emergency medical folks in business. I'm home with the dogs tonight :-)

Tracy, Dad's new home (as I'm calling the facility) is on the mainland--he is transitioning really well and gets that Mom can't care for him at home. (I think he also likes having a menu that he gets to order from each meal!) He has a good sense of humor and he informed me last night that he'd be happy to eat chocolate truffles if that would help keep his blood sugar levels up. Yup, he was feeling better!

• Gold Top Dog

Finally am all done moving, cleaning, and actually have internet again!  I can't post from my phone and Callie emailed me yesterday wanting me to let everyone know that SHE can't post at all on any thread more than 1 page.

Ginger, keeping good thots coming your way.  I know there is more to reply to, but my brain is mush tonite.

• Gold Top Dog
    Rocky 003.JPG

Rocky got to come home for the night. They were having some difficulty getting him to eat. Kept him on fluid all day, then we picked him up at 5:00 We stopped at WalMart got all kinds of good stuff, Vienna sausage, turkey. He has eaten good, they were hoping that he would eat good if he was at home.  We have to take him back in the morning and since he is eating they will probably take out the IV port and let him come home ,  These folks have been super so far, having to find a vet on Sunday was scary but these people are so nice.  He has a cone on and he does not like it.  He keeps running into things.   I bought a dog bed for Hot Shot a few months ago and he would not lay on it until I put it in the Living room for Rocky, lol.. of course.  He has been very good to give Rocky room tho.  I am going to try to post pics.

Glenda so glad you got moved.   Doug I know you and your wife are happy that the  kitchen is finally useable :)  

{{Kate}} I  know you have your hands full, don't spread yourself too thin.  Sending good vibes to you.

Glenda I finally found page numbers, they were very faint and they are on the topic page  they are so faint I almost didn't see them, I don't think they were there yesterday.  

• Gold Top Dog

Haven't had a chance to post in a few days. Was away at an agility trial. this past weekend. We qualified in one of the Tournaments (the most important one) that we need for Nationals. So we have 1 qualification of the two we need for that Tournament and then we need 1 more qualification, in another Tournament, and we will be set for Nationals in October in Tennessee. *** willows. Gosh haven't seen any of those in some time. Hope all went well with Rocky's surgery. **/*/*******************  Miss Graycie Greygirl kitty decided to add a bit of her own words. Not quite sure of the translation. A large canvas painted red Tracy?  I'm with you on why are they shared alongside real works of art.. Least they were only in the same building and not on the same floor. Glad you had a fun time

• Gold Top Dog

Oh my, didn't even think that the word before willows wouldn't post.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Old parents can be difficult. (remember-old is a variable.  My folks were old at 70.  I am still young at 68) .  I have 5 brothers and 1 sister.  Mom thought we could divide up caring for them and they could stay in their apartment.  Some sibs live an air flight away, I had an hour and a half drive, and we all have jobs, mortgages, kids, etc..  Both parents drug around oxy lines, Dad had a pharmacy in the bathroom.  We saw them as often as we could, but they needed trained caregivers all the time.  They usually had one of us or one of the grandkids in every day, to the point that the staff commented on how many visitor they had.  Mom got Dad into a care home, then went into the hospital to die.  Dad then got into hospice care himself.  They had planned their passings to make it easier on us.  Interment at Fort Snelling with full honor guard and colors-Dad ran an antiaircraft gun on a ship off Okinawa.  I should visit now that the snow is gone.

Putting in lighting and final trim work now.  I may take up serious drinking.  I appear to have too many thumbs and an extra left hand.

Storm coming in.  Hot and dry right now, with increasing winds.  Watched the wind push dry topsoil over the tundra while driving home today.  Firemen are nervous this time of year.  T-storms forecast for tonight.