Photo Creation Software Help! (mrstjohnson)

• Gold Top Dog

Photo Creation Software Help! (mrstjohnson)

My brother and sister-in-law recently launched a new charity.  It's a flight charity (no need to get into it) that will offer some photos etc to their customers.

Anyway, he is looking for software or someone that could design something that would allow them to insert a picture into a professional looking frame.  Something like this that we got from Legoland, where you take the picture and then put into a frame and send/print for the customer.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

• Gold Top Dog

By "frame" do you mean a physical frame, or a border around the photo like what you posted?

If the latter...you can do that in most programs.  For example I use FireWorks (much like PhotoShop and I'm sure you could do the same in PS) so I would just design the frame/border and leave transparent space so I could go back an add a layer with the photo, adding it to a layer "behind" the frame.

• Gold Top Dog

I thought about Photoshop and the like, but they aren't really super computer literate.  I think he was hoping for more "user" friendly.  Although I haven't used Photoshop in a while so maybe they are more friendly than I remember.

• Gold Top Dog

It sounds like he would have to get someone to design the background/frame, etc. and then do the editing (i.e. dropping in the photo) using Photoshop.  I think he was hoping to find a pre-made frame software or something like that.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

hmm yea I would think he'll need someone to create the frame but then he would just apply it to the photos

Total guess but I would think that it could be done for Photoshop elements which I used to use and is cheaper and simpler than photoshop.

I have Serif Photoplus which is a very good program but not super easy interface but I am sure that once he learned the process it would be straight forward.

I think he would need to dictate which program he wanted to use before someone could create the file that would be the frame as i am sure those vary.

I suppose another option would be to get a logo and just put the logo on a standard frame and use that

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Outside the box, maybe, but would Powerpoint have a theme you could modify for this? There has to be some good use for this program.
    • Gold Top Dog

Somebody would need to create the frame as either a .psd (Photoshop document) or .png, which would have a transparent window for the photo. But they would still need a program that allows you to have layered files. There's got to be some sort of software for this kind of application. I just don't know how you'd find it.

• Bronze

Multi-factor authentication (MFA) attractgroup.com/.../the-importance-of-multi-factor-authentication is a critical security measure that significantly enhances protection against unauthorized access. As highlighted in this insightful blog, relying solely on passwords is no longer sufficient in today's digital landscape. MFA adds an extra layer of security, making it harder for cybercriminals to breach accounts. Implementing MFA not only safeguards sensitive information but also builds trust with users, ultimately contributing to a more secure online environment.