What breed is my dog?

• Silver

What breed is my dog?

Hi! I just adopted this lovely 10 week old Chow mix.  They just simply told me that she's a chow mix.  Any opinions as to what other breed she's mixed with? Thanks!

[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/2zth65d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/2rm9ijd.jpg[/IMG]

• Gold Top Dog

I'm no expert at breed guesses, but I think 10 weeks old is too early to tell.  But, whatever she is, she is adorable.  And we require many more pictures of her.  Whats her name?

Welcome to the board. 

• Silver

Oh i see, I shall post more pics when she's older then Smile

Her name's Ginger.

• Gold Top Dog

She's cute! She resembles a little of aussie/lab pups we had come through our rescue group - similar features. We knew the parents of those pups.

• Silver

Oh my goodness! I just looked at some aussie pics and the reseblance is great!

• Gold Top Dog

Her ears look a little spaniel to me. So maybe a Chow/Cocker mix.

• Gold Top Dog

Big chow fan here, can't wait to see more pictures.  Maybe, chow, golden retreiver??  My friend has a dog that looked very similar at this age and he is a golden/husky mix.  Does Ginger have a purple tongue? 

• Gold Top Dog
    Spotty tongue doth not a chow mix make though it's true in the vast majority of cases. Lynn has a spotty tongue, but so did her grandsire who was a pure Dutch Shepherd from imported lines. But Ginger has a lot of chow look to her otherwise as well. I'm thinking Golden and something else or several somethings to produce the black tipping and white points. It could really be anything. She's cute, congrats!
    • Gold Top Dog

brookcove
    But Ginger has a lot of chow look to her otherwise as well. I'm thinking Golden and something else or several somethings to produce the black tipping and white points. It could really be anything. She's cute

You see chow?  Cause, I really don't and I tend to see chow in everything, LOL.  I mean, the eyes, head, body, fur, tail. . .???  That's why I wondered if her tongue was purple or just had one spot. 

• Gold Top Dog

the ears remind me dauchshund for some reason..i guess the color LOL..i dont see chow...aussie maybe, golden maybe, i know alot of rescues asume anything with a curly tail is a chow mix. 

Very true about the spotty toungues..as our family has had 3 purebred (and well bred at that)  dogs all with splotchy toungues, and now chow - a GSD, a golden retriever, and an akita!

• Puppy

I think she is chow mixed with spaniel. Her parents could have been mixes too so it is kind of hard to tell at this age.

• Silver

Hello! I'm here to post more pictures of Ginger! And I must say, she changed a LOT!

She's sleeping next to my bag on the sofa

These are her latest photos.  A lot of people say she looks like a lion.

Checking out her pics on my computer?

So what do you think she's mixed with?

• Gold Top Dog

She looks almost exactly like Coke did at that age except for different color pattern.  But I dunno what breeds he is either!

• Gold Top Dog

Oh my gosh, is she a cutie!  I really was leaning towards Chow mix when I saw the original pictures.  But these new pics have me thinking maybe Golden Retriever/Collie mix. 

• Gold Top Dog

she looks long in body...is she? Are her legs a bit short? No pics of her standing? I am going to say Corgi X. They can and do come in a "fluffy" long coat.